Nobody wants to be a zero — wearing the number zero is an entirely different discussion.
NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reported on Tuesday that the league owners voted at the Annual League Meeting and approved a proposal allowing players to wear No. 0.
NFL owners just approved the proposal to allow players to wear Number Zero, I’m told.— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 28, 2023
The Philadelphia Eagles suggested the adjustment, which features a handful of changes to the rule.
- Quarterbacks can wear numbers 0-19
- Running back, tight ends and wide receivers numbers can wear numbers 0-49 and 80-89
- Offensive linemen can wear numbers 50-79
- Linebackers can wear numbers 0-59 and 90-99.
- Defensive linemen can wear numbers 50-79 and 90-99
- Defensive back can wear numbers 0-49
- Punters and placekickers can wear numbers 0-49 and 90-99
Waddle need to wear zero so he can show how many times he done beat me in madden— Ty Hill (@cheetah) March 28, 2023
Safety Jevon Holland was the initial thought. It could be that the font on the jerseys makes his No. 8 look relatable to No. 0 — or the fact that Holland himself is a fan of the number.
0 is hard asf— Jevón Holland (@HollywoodVon) March 28, 2023
While both offensive and defensive linemen are excluded, let us know which member of the Miami Dolphins would look best rocking the No. 0!