Super Bowl 57 is here! Tonight’s NFL championship game will feature the AFC's top-seeded Kansas City Chiefs and the NFC's top-seeded Philadelphia Eagles. Following their bye week the Chiefs faced off against the surprising Jacksonville Jaguars in the divisional round. The Chiefs left that game with a 27 to 20 victory. In the AFC Championship game two weeks ago the Chiefs once again faced off against the Cincinnati Bengals for a second year in a row. In the rematch, the Chiefs got their revenge by taking the top spot in the AFC with a narrow 23 to 20 victory.
The Eagles who held the bye week in the NFC returned from their week off to take on their NFC East rival New York Giants in the divisional round. The Eagles were dominant in their dispatching of the Giants 38 to 7. The following week the Eagle faced off against phenom Brock Purdy’s San Francisco 49ers. Much like in the divisional round, the Eagles also dominated the NFC Championship game, sending the Niners home for the season after a convincing 31 to 7 win.
One of the biggest storylines of the Super Bowl outside of the two athletic freaks at quarterbacks in Patrick Mahomes and Jalen Hurts is the Andy Reid and Nick Sirriani saga that got the two head coaches to this point. Andy Ried, before taking the rudder in Kansas City was the Philadelphia Eagles Coach for fourteen seasons. When Reid joined the Chiefs he brought much of his own coaching staff meaning that a then wide receivers coach Nick Sirriani was cut loose. Now the two men will face off as opposing head coaches in the biggest game of the year.
Some other tidbits about today's game include not only the fact that both teams ended the season as the top-ranked team in their respective conferences but both also ended the season with a 14 and 3 record. In what is more of an oddity both teams scored exactly the same number of points on the season with 546 a piece.
The Eagles are 1.5-point favorites to win tonight, according to DraftKings Sportsbook. The Eagles are -120 on the moneyline, while the Chiefs are +100. The point total for the game is listed as 51 points
Please use this thread to discuss this afternoon’s/evening’s Super Bowl game, any of the other news from around the NFL this weekend, and as always your Miami Dolphins. Please remember to follow all site rules in the live threads as you would in any other post on The Phinsider. Also, please remember that SBNation is very strict on illegal game streams. Sharing, discussing, or requesting any illegal game streams may result in a temporary suspension from the site or a ban from the entire SBN platform.
Kansas City Chiefs (14-3) 1st AFC West @ Philadelphia Eagles (14-3) 1st NFC East
- When: Sunday, February 12th, 6:30 PM EST
- Where: State Farm Stadium, Glendale, Arizona
- TV: FOX
- Streaming: FuboTV; FoxSports.com; Sling TV
- Broadcast Team: Kevin Burkhardt, Greg Olsen, Erin Andrews
- National Radio Broadcast: Westwood One
- National Radio Broadcast Team: Kevin Harlan, Kurt Warner, Laura Okmin, Mike Golic
- Satellite Radio: SiriusXM Channels- 88 (National), 82/226 (Chiefs), 83/225 (Eagles)
- Armed Forces Network Channel: AFN Sports (also available on the AFN Now app) (Kickoff at 0030 CET/0830 JKT)
- Odds: Philadelphia Eagles -1.5
- Over/Under: 51
- Gametime Weather Forecast: Partly Cloudy, 76°F (Roof expected to be open)
- Matchup History: Chiefs lead 5-4 (regular season)
- Matchup Streak: Chiefs have won the last three
- Last Meeting: Chiefs Won 42-30 at Philadelphia, Oct. 3, 2021 (2021 Week 4)
- Kansas City Chiefs coach Andy Reid vs. Philadelphia Eagles: 3-0
- Philadelphia Eagles coach Nick Sirianni vs. Kansas City Chiefs: 0-1
- Kansas City Chiefs AFL/NFL Championships: 1962 (AFL Pre-Super Bowl era); 1969 (Super Bowl IV); 2019 (Super Bowl LIV); 5 Super Bowl appearances
- Philadelphia Eagles NFL Championships: 1948, 1949, 1960 (Pre-Super Bowl era); 2017 (Super Bowl LII); 4 Super Bowl appearances
- Kansas City Chiefs Injury Report: No players listed
- Philadelphia Eagles Injury Report: Wide receiver Britain Covey (hamstring) - questionable
- Kansas City Chiefs SB Nation site: Arrowhead Pride
- Arrowhead Pride Twitter: @ArrowheadPride
- Eagles SB Nation site: Bleeding Green Nation
- Bleeding Green Nation Twitter: @BleedingGreen