Each week throughout the 2023 NFL season, I’ll be recapping all the action and news from around the AFC East that week. With Week 7 in the books, let’s dive right in.
AFC East Scores - Week 7
- Miami Dolphins 17-31 Philadelphia Eagles
- Buffalo Bills 25-29 New England Patriots
- New York Jets (BYE WEEK)
AFC East Standings - Week 7
- Miami Dolphins (5-2) Overall; (1-1) Division
- Buffalo Bills (4-3) Overall; (1-2) Division
- New York Jets (3-3) Overall; (1-1) Division
- New England Patriots (2-5) Overall; (2-1) Division
AFC East Headlines
Patriots Upset Bills, Shake Up AFC East
ADPatriots Upset Bills, Shake Up AFC East
Not so easy winning the games you’re supposed to win, is it?,
With the Dolphins losing to the Eagles, the Bills had the perfect opportunity to take control of the AFC East in Week 7. However, the Bills took forever to get going on Sunday, and even holding the lead late in the fourth quarter, didn’t have the mental fortitude to close out a tough victory on the road. A late touchdown pass by Patriots quarterback Mac Jones to former Dolphin Mike Gesicki, sealed the game for New England.
The loss marks Buffalo’s third one-score loss this season. Since 2021, the Bills are 7-11 in one-score games in the regular season. With the win, the Patriots improve to 2-5, but remain in last place in the AFC East. The Bills are now 4-3, and remain in 2nd place in the division.
Dolphins Swept Aside In Philly
With the Jets on a bye, there was only one other game in the AFC East this week, with the now 5-2 Dolphins taking on the 6-1 Philadelphia Eagles. The Dolphins lost this game for a number of reasons, which you can read about here or here.
AFC East Schedule - Week 8
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Buffalo Bills (October 26th, 8:15 PM EST)
- New England Patriots vs. Miami Dolphins (October 29th, 1:00 PM EST)
- New York Jets vs. New York Giants (October 29th, 1:00 PM EST)