With Week 18 of the NFL regular season officially over, the Miami Dolphins announced their 2022 team award winners on Monday afternoon. Wide receiver Tyreek Hill, quarterback Tua Tagovailoa, fullback Alec Ingold, and defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah we’re all recognized by the players and media for their outstanding performances this year.
The Dan Marino Most Valuable Player Award
Wide Receiver, Tyreek Hill
- Hill had a record-setting season with the Miami Dolphins, breaking the franchise record for receptions (119) and receiving yards (1,710) in his first season with the team. Both of those numbers were career bests. In addition, Hill was named to his seventh consecutive Pro Bowl earlier this season.
- Some may argue that Tua Tagovailoa is the team’s most valuable player — as the team has struggled to win games in his absence. But according to the media — and many fans — no player was more valuable to the Dolphins’ success in 2022 than Hill.
(This award is voted on by the South Florida Media)
The Don Shula Leadership Award
Quarterback, Tua Tagovailoa
- Tua Tagovailoa was among the league’s best in several statistical categories when healthy. However, what was most impressive this season was Tagovailoa’s leadership — both on and off the field. In his first year as Dolphins’ captain, Tagovailoa became the youngest player to lead the league in passer rating since Dan Marino did it in 1984.
- Here are some of the other statistical categories Tagovailoa led the league in. #ThatsMyQuarterback
(This award is voted on by the players)
Tua Tagovailoa final ranks this season— NFL on CBS (@NFLonCBS) January 9, 2023
Pass Rating 105.5 1st
Pass TD/Att 6.3% t-1st
Yards/Att 8.87 1st
Yards/Comp 13.70 1st pic.twitter.com/kwKUIMqing
The Ed Block Courage Award
Fullback, Alec Ingold
- After suffering a devastating knee injury in week 10 of the 2021 NFL season, Ingold rebuilt himself this offseason, proving once again why he is one of the best fullbacks in all of football. Ingold appeared in all 17 games with the Dolphins — playing with a cast on his arm in recent weeks. He is the epitome of hard work and determination.
(This award is voted on by the Miami Dolphins training staff.)
The Nat Moore Community Service Award
Defensive End, Emmanuel Ogbah
- Emmanuel Ogbah received the Nat Moore Community award for his hard work in the community. Here’s what the official Miami Dolphins press release had to say about Ogbah — and the rest of the award recipients.
A regular presence at Boys & Girls Clubs around South Florida, Ogbah is found on his off days visiting multiple club locations to spend time with the students. He hosted a Thanksgiving meal distribution with Feeding South Florida and provided holiday gifts for 50 Boys & Girls Club children. Quick to respond to those in need, Ogbah didn’t hesitate to donate to provide relief supplies for those affected by Hurricane Ian and also surprised a Boys & Girls Club family with rent assistance for the holidays. This award was named after former Dolphins player and Honor Roll member Nat Moore in 1987, who spent 13 seasons in a Dolphins uniform and made an equally profound impact off the field, which he continues to this day as a senior vice president for the team.
(This award is given to a player recognized for his involvement in the community.)
What are your thoughts on the Miami Dolphins 2022 Team Award Winners? Do you agree that Tyreek Hill is the team’s Most Valuable Player? What about Tua Tagovailoa’s leadership award? Let us know in the comments section below!