Despite losing four straight games our Miami Dolphins arrive at week seventeen of the 2022 season in control of their own destiny. Win out and the Dolphins are in the playoffs. As easy as the task might sound with the final two games against a not-so-great New England Patriots team and a bad New York Jets team the task has become more difficult with the loss last week of starting quarterback Tua Tagovailoa to a concussion for at least this week if not the rest of the regular season and possibly beyond.
Today’s game against the Patriots, in the Pats' house, might normally be a problem, weather-wise, this time of year for the Dolphins. As they say, what a difference a week can make. Last weekend saw most of the country in the grips of a cold and snowy storm that covered much of the country. A week later and the weather in Foxborough Massachusetts will be partly cloudy and in the mid-50s giving Miami nearly the exact same weather forecast that they had at home last weekend.
Miami has not faced off against the Patriots since week one of the season, a game that saw the Dolphins send the Patriots home with a loss. Since then both teams have had up-and-down seasons and like the Phins the Pats are also in the midst of a losing streak having dropped their last two games including their 18 to 22 loss on Christmas Eve to the Cincinnati Bengals.
While our Dolphins hold the keys to their future the Patriots come into the week on the outside looking in at the Playoffs, sitting one seed behind the Dolphins who currently hold the last and final spot with the seventh seed. Both teams should see this game as a must-win.
Please use this thread to discuss today’s game between your Miami Dolphins and the Green Bay Packers. As always all site rules apply to the live game threads as they do in any other post on the site. Also please remember that SBNation is very strict on sharing, requesting, or even discussing illegal game streams. Doing so can cost you a warning or a complete banning from the entire platform.
Miami Dolphins (8-7) 2nd AFC East @ New England Patriots (7-8) 3rd AFC East
- Where: Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Massachusetts
- When: Sunday, January 1st, 1:00 PM EST
- TV: CBS
- Streaming: Sling TV; FuboTV; ; NFL+ (after the conclusion of the game), FOX Sports
- Broadcast Team: Ian Eagle, Charles Davis, and Evan Washburn
- Dolphins Radio Network: WQAM 560 AM, KISS 99.9 FM, and WQBA 1140 AM (Spanish) in Dade/Broward; WUUB 106.3 FM and WEFL 760 AM (Spanish) in West Palm/Treasure Coast; WRXK 96 FM in Ft. Myers; WPSL 1590 AM in Port St. Lucie; WKWF 1600 AM in Key West
- Dolphins Radio Broadcast Team: Jimmy Cefalo, Joe Rose, and Kim Bokamper
- Sattelite Radio Broadcast: SiriusXM channels 133/382 (Dolphins); 82/227 (Patriots)
- Odds: New England Patriots -2.5
- Over/Under: 40.5
- Game Time Weather: Mostly Cloudy, 54°F
- All-Time Head To Head: Miami Dolphins lead 59-52 (regular season); New England Patriots lead 2-1 (postseason)
- Most Recent Meeting: Miami Dolphins won 20-7 at Miami, 9/11/22 (2022 Week 1)
- New England Patriots SBNation site: Pats Pulpit
- Pats Pulpit Twitter: @PatsPulpit