The Miami Dolphins have begun the process of trimming their preseason roster down to the 53-man regular-season limit enforced by the NFL. Every team has to be down to the 53-man mark by 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday, leading to more than 800 players heading toward the waiver wire and potentially to free agency. Teams will be able to start signing practice squad players on Wednesday.
Throughout the next two days, we will keep track of all the Dolphins’ roster moves and update the status of the current roster. There will be tough calls to make between now and the deadline and every decision made has impacts elsewhere on the roster.
Dolphins roster (as of Aug. 30 at 1:09 p.m. ET)
Gerrid Doaks - Waived
Sony Michel - Released
ZaQuandre White - Waived
Lynn Bowden, Jr. - Waived River Cracraft - Waived
Braylon Sanders - Waived Mohamed Sanu - Released
Preston Williams - Waived
Cedrick Wilson, Jr.
Blaise Andries - Waived
Larnel Coleman - Waived
Kellen Diesch - Waived
Solomon Kindley - Waived
Adam Pankey - Released Kion Smith - Waived
Owen Carney, Jr. - Waived
Benito Jones - Waived
Niles Scott - Waived
Ben Stille - Waived
Cameron Goode - Waived Porter Gustin - Waived Darius Hodge - Waived/Injured
Calvin Munson - Injured Reserve
Brennan Scarlett - Injured Reserve
Andrew Van Ginkel
Elijah Hamilton - Waived
D’Angelo Ross - Waived Injured
Verone McKinley III - Waived
Quincy Wilson - Released
Physically Unable to Perform
Byron Jones, cornerback - Moved to Reserve/PUP
Dolphins announced the following roster moves on Monday:
- Released: Sony Michel, Adam Pankey, Mohamed Sanu Sr., Quincy Wilson.
- Waived: Blaise Andries, Owen Carney Jr., Gerrid Doaks, Elijah Hamilton, Niles Scott , ZaQuandre White
- Injured Reserve: Calvin Munson
- Waived/injured: Darius Hodge, D’Angelo Ross.
- Lynn Bowden, Jr., Solomon Kindley, Cameron Goode, and Brennan Scarlett cut Tuesday morning.
- Add Kellen Diesch to the list of cuts:
Kindle, Scarlett, Diesch among Dolphins early cuts today— Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) August 30, 2022
- Edge rusher Porter Gustin is being released:
The #Dolphins have released pass-rusher Porter Gustin, source said, who was on the outs after the Trey Flowers signing.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 30, 2022
- Ian Rapoport also reports the team is releasing safety Verone McKinley III
The #Dolphins released safety Verone McKinley III, source said. They want him back but should be a claim candidate for other teams.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 30, 2022
- Larnel Coleman and Kion Smith released, giving shape to Dolphins offensive line.