The Miami Dolphins came out last week and won their first preseason game over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Tampa, which also marked the first win, even if it doesn’t count, for new head coach Mike McDaniel. Last week's win had some ups and downs for the team but also served as a sort of coming-out game for Skylar Thompson. Thompson, who most fans probably considered nothing more than camp fodder after he was selected in the seventh round of this year's draft seems to have, at the very least, cemented his spot on this roster as the third quarterback. Based on his first appearance it’s hard to imagine that the Dolphins could ever possibly sneak Thompson onto the practice squad in an always quarterback-hungry league.
As for the Las Vegas Raiders, they have already played two games before this week's contest due to playing in the Hall Of Fame Game. Las Vegas defeated the Jacksonville Jaguars in the HOF game and then followed that up last week with a win over the Minnesota Vikings at home. Unlike the Dolphins who will be playing all three of their games in the state of Florida with last week's game in Tampa and this and next week's games at home, this will mark the second of the four preseason games for the Raiders where they have to travel a considerable distance. Long distance game may not affect teams the same way that it does during the regular season but this should give at least a slight bit of an edge to the Dolphins players.
In last week's game, the Dolphins sat the vast majority of their starters. While there has been some speculation among the media and fans on social media that Tua and other starters might make an appearance in this week's game head coach Mike Mcdaniel has yet to tip his hat to what his intentions are as to playing any of the starters. In years past teams have leaned towards the second to the last game as serving as their “dress rehearsal” and then using the final game as a way to really look at the bottom of the roster to help with deciding which bubble players will make the roster and which ones will be the final cuts. Time will tell which way the coaching staff will go this evening because if there is anything that coach McDaniel has shown us thus far it's that he is as unconventional as we have ever seen at the head coaching position.
The Las Vegas Raiders have thus far held out the majority of their starters in both of their previous games. Like with Dolphins head coach Mike McDaniel, Raiders head coach Josh McDaniels has yet to give the media any indication of what his plans are for this week's game as it pertains to his starters. McDaniels has indicated via his comments to the media that he has yet to determine who the starters for the Raider will actually be in 2022, stating that “We are in competition mode still.”.
Please use this evening’s live game thread to follow and discuss tonight’s preseason game between your Miami Dolphins and the Las Vegas Raiders. As always all site rules apply to the live game threads as they do on any other post on the site. Also please remember that SBNation is very strict on sharing, requesting, or even discussing illegal game streams. Doing so can cost you a warning or a complete banning from the entire platform.
Las Vegas Raiders (2-0) @ Miami Dolphins (1-0)
- Where: Hard Rock Stadium, Tampa, Florida
- When: Saturday, August 20th, 7:00 PM EST
- TV: CBS in Miami, Fort Lauderdale & West Palm Beach; NBC in Fort Myers & Tampa; WRDQ-TV/Channel 27 in Orlando; KHON-TV/Channel 2 in Hawaii; FOX is Las Vegas
- Live Stream: FuboTV; NFL+
- NFL Network Replays: Monday, August 22nd, 1:00 PM EST & Wednesday, August 24th, 12:00 AM EST
- Broadcast Team: Dolphins-Steve Goldstein, Jason Taylor, Kim Bokamper; Raiders-Beth Mowins, Matt Millen, Rich Gannon
- Radio Broadcast: Dolphins Radio Network, including WQAM 560 AM, KISS 99.9 FM, and WQBA 1140 AM (Spanish) in Dade/Broward; WUUB 106.3 FM and WEFL 760 AM (Spanish) in West Palm/Treasure Coast; ESPN 580 AM in Orlando; WRXK 96 FM in Ft. Myers; WPSL 1590 AM in Port St. Lucie; WKWF 1600 AM in Key West
- Radio Broadcast Team: Jimmy Cefalo & Joe Rose
- Spanish Radio Broadcast Team: Roly Martin & Eduardo Martell
- Odds: Las Vegas Raiders -1
- Over/Under: 41.5
- Game Time Weather: Cloudy, 87°F degrees
- All-Time Head To Head: Tied 18-18-1 in the regular season, Miami Dolphins 3-0 in preseason
- Las Vegas Raiders SBNation Site: Silver and Black Pride
- Silver and Black Pride Twitter: @SilverBlakPride
- Miami Dolphins Next/Last Preseason Game: Philadephia Eagles @ Miami Dolphins, Saturday, August 27th, 7:00 PM EST