Phinsider Radio slider show notes for June 13, 2021.
Linebacker Jerome Baker and the Miami Dolphins have agreed on a three-year contract extension worth $39 million, including $28.4 million guaranteed.
- 71 percent of the contract is guaranteed.
- Jerome Baker on Friday: The contract stuff is the contract stuff. I really don’t care for it right now.
"I'm out here," Baker said. "I'm just doing my thing. All that stuff is going to figure itself out."— Jake (@JMendel94) June 13, 2021
"I mean, we haven't really talked about anything. I'm just going into this year and …"
- Was entering the final year of his rookie deal
- Barry Jackson: One of only two linebackers in the NFL last season with more than 5 sacks and more than 100 tackles.
NEW @thephinsider radio @jmendel94 & I react to jerome baker’$ NEW 3-year, $39M contract extension and discuss “the worst-kept secret in the league.”— josh houtz (@houtz) June 14, 2021
listen | rate | subscribe | #finsup
| https://t.co/FcZXnaqveA pic.twitter.com/cRBaNtcRz2
- 112 tackles and seven sacks in his second year under Brian Flores
- 126 tackles 1.5 sacks and INT in 2019... defense got better and as a result, he did too.
- 12 solo tackles week one against the New England Patriots
- Had at least eight combined tackles in seven games
- Played at least 94 percent of snaps in eight weeks
- Three years is a long time in the NFL; Dolphins have him locked up until he is 28.
- A third-round pick of the 2018 NFL draft.
ICYMI— josh houtz (@houtz) June 9, 2021
️NEW @THEPHINSIDER RADIO ️@jmendel94 & i bring you part one of our two-part series: 20 storylines heading into @miamidolphins TC.
if you like what you're listening to, please subscribe & rate. #finsup <3
Is it too early to worry about Xavien Howard and his contract?
- ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler: “Miami doesn’t want to deal [Xavien Howard], but it’s the worst-kept secret in the league that Howard is not happy with his contract.”