Phinsider Radio show notes for April 27, 2021.
We’ve made it — it is finally the week of the 2021 NFl draft.
Matthew Cannata, founder of Pro Football Network and former Phinsider Radio host, joins the show to share information he has heard just 48 hours before the draft begins.
Dolphins move their fourth 2020 free agent signing.
- Miami is trading Ereck Flowers to Washington for a late-round pick swap.
- Dolphins will have paid Ereck Flowers $16,065,746 for 1 season.
- We spoke about how the Dolphins would have to move someone, and it may be someone we may not expect in order to be able to pay for draft class.
- It may be someone we don’t expect, could Xavien Howard be used to move in the draft?
- The Dolphins needed to find the money for the draft class by June; why do it now?
- Late round pick this year is more valuable than a late-round pick next year?
- Is there any reason to believe that a trade two days before the draft is a sign of what Miami may plan to do?
- Jeremy Fowler: Dolphins are planning on moving to Robert Hunt to guard full time.
- Dolphins plan to approach the right tackle position in free agency according to Fowler.
The one issue with this is the idea that, well… the Dolphins don’t have money. Are there more roster moves coming??
- Tackle is in Miami’s sight according to Adam Beasley.
- Isn’t it beautiful how this comes out just days before the draft?
- Are the Dolphins playing everyone by making this move now?
- Every player has been linked to the Dolphins and I think that is the way Chris Grier wants it.
NEW @thephinsider radio— josh houtz (@houtz) April 28, 2021
last night, @jmendel94 & I were joined by @cannataPFN to discuss the 2021 NFL draft, ereck flowers to WFT, & EVERYTHING he’s hearing about the @miamidolphins ahead of thursday night’s draft!
| https://t.co/4iKvpwqYWc pic.twitter.com/8slVWpIUY3
WHAT ON EARTH ARE THE DOLPHINS GOING TO DO WITH THE PICKS!?!?!?
- Everyone has been linked to the Dolphins at six, what is your gut telling you?
- dRaFt StArts at four. Do you let a team trade with the Falcons or would you rather the Dolphins make that trade?
- If Pitts and Chase are gone, is your PREFERED move to trade down?
- Our buddy Matt Canata said that the Dolphins are really eyes edge at 18, a couple of different guys we have talked about whom can go there: Azeez Ojulari, Kwity Paye, Jaelan Phillips, Gregory Rousseau rumors too.
If Miami trades down and drafts Smith or Waddle, then gets an edge, do you trade back into the first round to get a fifth-year option on a player?
- Over/under: Dolphins take 2.5 players in the first round?
- JeVonte Williams right at the end of the round?
- The last 10 picks will be like watching a TV drama, do they wrap things up this week or wait until next week (day)?
- With picks 50 and 36, could the Dolphins keep 36 and use 50 and even 81 to trade into the first?