We are officially six days away from the Miami Dolphins season opener vs the New England Patriots. And with the AFC East wide open in an unprecedented 2020 season, there’s a lot riding on this week one matchup.
So, as you anxiously wait for the Dolphins matchup in Foxborough this Sunday, Jake Mendel (@JMendel94) and myself (@Houtz) will bring you the latest information surrounding YOUR Miami Dolphins.
This week, Jake and I start the show by breaking down Miami’s trade with the Las Vegas Raiders for QB/RB/WR Lynn Bowden Jr.
The final trade was ultimately Raekwon McMillan and a 5th for Lynn Bowden Jr. and a 6th.
- Where and how does Bowden fit into the Dolphins’ offense?
- How does this affect the rest of the wide receivers on the roster?
- Chan Gailey and the Dolphins are building a unique, explosive offense. Will it pay off?
Next we discuss the Dolphins decision to cut 23-year old Josh Rosen—despite his reasonable contract and the importance of a QB3 on the roster in 2020.
- Why his release means nothing but good things for Tua Tagovailoa.
- What the Dolphins plan to do next at QB3—Jake Rudock?
- And why we believe Miami had nothing to lose by keeping Josh Rosen.
Lastly, we take a look at the Dolphins’ 53-man roster; watch the practice squad take shape; and read some of YOUR reviews!
All of this and more on today’s episode of Phinsider Radio.
If you enjoyed the show, hit us with a 5-star rating; subscribe to the podcast; follow us on Twitter; and most importantly, #FINSUP