The Miami Dolphins are starting to put together their practice squad, ten extra players the team can keep around the team for practices, but cannot use during the game. These players are typically developmental projects the team wants to keep, but realizes they are not yet ready for game day.
After the final round of roster cuts and waiver claims are completed, teams can begin signing players to the practice squad. What is the practice squad? Hopefully that will help you understand it.
Here are the players Miami is signing to the practice squad according to reports. This list is not finalized until the team announces it, with players able to sign elsewhere if they get a better offer or get signed to a 53-man roster:
- Quentin Poling, linebacker - per Joe Schad
- Isaac Asiata, guard - per Barry Jackson
- Leonte Carroo , wide receiver - per Field Yates
- Jalen Davis, cornerback - per Barry Jackson
- Cameron Malveaux, defensive end - per Barry Jackson
- Jonathan Woodard, defensive end - per Barry Jackson
- Jamiyus Pittman, defensive tackle - per Barry Jackson
- Isaiah Ford, wide receiver - per Armando Salguero
- Jeremy Langford, running back - per Omar Kelly