The NFL has one game remaining on the Week 9 schedule, a Monday Night Football meeting between the Buffalo Bills and Seattle Seahawks. While the Bills are smack in the middle of the AFC Playoff picture, we can take a look at the current standings across the conference, getting an idea of where the Miami Dolphins, coming off a third-straight win, stand.
Current Playoff Standings - AFC
1. New England Patriots (7-1) - AFC East leader
2. Oakland Raiders (7-2) - AFC West leader
3. Houston Texans (5-3) - AFC Sout leader
4. Baltimore Ravens (4-4) - AFC North leader
5. Kansas City Chiefs (6-2) - Wildcard 1
6. Denver Broncos (6-3) - Wildcard 2
In the hunt
7. Miami Dolphins (4-4)
8. Pittsburgh Steelers (4-4)
9. Buffalo Bills (4-4) - Moves to 7th with win.
10. San Diego Chargers (4-5)
11. Tennessee Titans (4-5)
12. Indianapolis Colts (4-5)
Not yet eliminated, but not looking good
13. Cincinnati Bengals (3-4-1)
14. New York Jets (3-6)
15. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-6)
16. Cleveland Browns (0-9)
So Miami is currently sitting in the first position out of the playoffs, thanks to the tie breaks. They have beaten both of the other 4-4 teams head-to-head, so they are sitting nicely in the Playoff picture right now. They, obviously, need the Broncos and/or Chiefs to pick up another couple of losses, and they have to keep winning, but Miami is clearly positioning themselves well.