Some rapid reactions to the game:
- Former Dolphins Dan Carpenter, Richie Incognito, Charles Clay, and Marcus Thigpen were among the Bills captains.
- Second round pick, Jordan Phillips, was among the inactive players. Just odd...
- Another slow start to the game. The Dolphins won the coin toss and received the opening kickoff. First drive was a three and out. Bills scored on the next possession.
- Brice McCain continues to get picked on. Of course, that happens when you play 10 yards off the line of scrimmage.
- Dolphins stopped the Bills in the 3rd quarter and forced them to punt. Just as momentum was building, the team commits another dumb penalty. Walt Aikens runs into the punter allowing the Bills to keep driving.
- Same Bills drive, Aikens and Taylor had a miscommunication to allow Chirs Hogan to be open for an easy touchdown. Remember guys and gals 7-11, always open. Aikens isn't getting it done.
- Offensive line isn't getting it done either. Branden Albert needs to get healthy and stay healthy. Dallas Thomas allowed two sacks.
- Rishard Matthews continues to show he can get things done. I'm probably going to get hounded for this, but in my honest opinion, Matthews is probably the Dolphins best wide receiver right now. Yes, I'm listing him ahead of Landry.
- DeVante Parker was a bright spot. Saw more time in the offense and recorded 3 catches for 46 yards.
- Dolphins need to get Lamar Miller more involved. Course, it doesn't help when you're down two touchdowns at the end of the 1st quarter.
- I am a huge optimist, but I'm a realist at the same time. Does that makes sense? To come out and disappoint the fans like that in a home opener is embarrassing. Joe Philbin's seat is burning right now and if the Dolphins lose next week to the New York Jets, things could get real ugly in Miami.
We will have our full look at the game later tonight and will continue to break it all down throughout the week.