The Miami Dolphins are starting to get some key members of the team back to practice on Tuesday. Pro Bowl left tackle Branden Albert, who tore the ACL and MCL in his knee last fall and has been limited to light work throughout training camp and the preseason, is expected to fully participate in Tuesday's practice, the team's first since their loss to the Carolina Panthers on Saturday.
Branden Albert says he'll be going full speed in practice today.— Armando Salguero (@ArmandoSalguero) August 25, 2015
Albert: "I'm back doing everything"— Armando Salguero (@ArmandoSalguero) August 25, 2015
The Dolphins need Albert to be ready for the regular season, something that has not yet been confirmed; currently Jason Fox, who suffered a concussion during Saturday's game against the Carolina Panthers, is starting in Albert's place. Albert's return to full workouts is a big step in the team getting their full starting offensive line together, though it is unlikely Albert will play in this Saturday's game against the Atlanta Falcons.
Along with Albert's return, another starter is getting back into the workouts as well. Linebacker Koa Misi, who has been dealing with a calf injury, also plans to participate in Tuesdya's practice.
Koa Misi will practice today.— Adam Beasley (@AdamHBeasley) August 25, 2015
Misi said he started running last week, was told Sunday he would practice.— Adam Beasley (@AdamHBeasley) August 25, 2015
Beasley did not indicate whether Misi's return will be a full participation or limited in some manner. Whichever case, it is good that Misi, who could be starting at either middle linebacker or strong side linebacker this year, is returning to the team workouts as well.
The Dolphins placed safety Louis Delmas on injured reserve on Tuesday as well.