Hey folks! Looks like James could use some help on the front page, so thought I would lend the
old man very youthful man a hand. Feel free to read and discuss below. Going to be taking a look at all the roster moves made by all the AFC East teams this offseason.
Going to start off with our favorite team!
- Ndamukong Suh
- Jordan Cameron
- Brice McCain
- J.D. Walton
- for Kenny Stills (sent Dannell Ellerbe and a 2015 third round pick to the New Orleans Sains)
- Mike Wallace (Dolphins receive 2015 fifth round pick, while sending a 2015 seventh round pick to the Minnesota Vikings.)
- Jason Fox
- Jordan Kovacs
- A.J. Francis
- Kelvin Sheppard
- Michael Thomas
- LaMichael James
- Matt Moore
- Louis Delmas
- Derrick Shelby
- Brian Hartline (signed with the Cleveland Browns)
- Brandon Gibson (signed with the New England Patriots)
- Charles Clay (signed with Buffalo Bills)
- Randy Starks (signed with the Cleveland Browns)
- Shelley Smith (signed with the Denver Broncos)
- Jonathan Freeny (signed with the New England Patriots)
- Jared Odrick (signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars)
- Jimmy Wilson (signed with the San Diego Chargers)
- Cortland Finnegan
The Dolphins obviously made one of the biggest (if not the biggest) free agency signing this off-season by bringing in Ndamukong Suh. Very rare that a player with his talent is ever on the free agent market.
Jordan Cameron was signed due to the fact that Charles Clay was likely headed to Buffalo. The Dolphins signed Cameron and hoped that Clay would re-sign with the team. However, Clay took the better offer and went to Buffalo. I would have loved to have seen Clay and Cameron play together.
Probably the most surprising move was the trade for Kenny Stills. I did not hear Stills name mentioned as a candidate for a trade until the day it happened. I am so excited about this move. Stills is a younger, inexpensive version of Mike Wallace. Stills has better hands and has a ton of upside.
- Richie Incognito
- Keith Rivers
- Jerome Felton
- Tyrod Taylor
- Percy Harvin
- Charles Clay
- Jordan Gay
- for LeSean McCoy (sent Kiko Alonso to the Philadelphia Eagles.)
- for Matt Cassel (sent 2015 fifth round draft pick and 2016 seventh round draft pick to Minnesota Vikings. Bills also received a 2015 sixth round pick.)
- Jerry Hughes
- Marcus Easley
- Kyle Williams
- Jarius Wynn
- Scott Chandler (signed with the New England Patriots)
- C.J. Spiller (signed with the New Orleans Saints)
- Erik Pears (signed with the San Francisco 49ers)
- Da'Norris Searcy (signed with the Tennesse Titans)
- Lee Smith (signed with the Oakland Raiders)
- Kyle Orton
The Bills made big news way before free agency by signing former Dolphin, Richie Incognito. Incognito was out of football for the 2014 season due to his participation in the "bully scandal".
The Bills next big move was by trading for LeSean McCoy. Though I am not a fan of this move, I am still interested to see how McCoy fares in Buffalo. The Bills also traded for Matt Cassel. I feel like Matt Moore would have been a better option for the Bills.
Percy Harvin and Charles Clay were brought in to make plays. As Dolphin fans, we know Charles as "Big Play Clay". There's not doubting Clay has the talent to be a play maker, he just needs to stay healthy. Same goes for Harvin.
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
- Scott Chandler
- Chimidi Chekwa
- Kevin Dorsey
- Bradley Fletcher
- Jonathan Freeny
- Brandon Gibson
- Robert McClain
- Jabaal Sheard
- Alan Branch
- Devin McCourty
- Brian Tyms
- Stephen Gostkowski (franchise tender)
- Darrelle Revis (signed with the New York Jets)
- Akeem Ayers (signed with the St. Louis Rams)
- Brandon Browner (signed with the New Orleans Saints)
- Shane Vereen (signed with the New York Giants)
- Vince Wilfork (signed with the Houston Texans)
The Patriots did not really bring in any spectacular players. They did however lose both their starting cornerbacks in Darelle Revis and Brandon Browner. Browner is good, but receives a few too many penalties. Revis is one of the best corners in the game and you can not replace his talent.
Longtime defensive lineman Vince Wilfork was also lost.
NEW YORK JETS
- Darrelle Revis
- Antonio Cromartie
- James Carpenter
- Kellen Davis
- Marcus Gilchrist
- Buster Skrine
- for Brandon Marshall (fifth round pick to the Chicago Bears)
- Willie Colon
- David Harris
- Bilal Powell
- Percy Harvin (signed with the Buffalo Bills)
- Kenrick Ellis (signed with the New York Giants)
Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie had been reunited. The two played together for the Jets from 2010-2012. The Jets have always had one of the toughest defense and I don't see that changing with Todd Bowles and Kacy Rodgers leading the defense.
Brandon Marshall is back in the AFC East. I do not like the move for the Jets sake. Marshall was not the best teammate when he was in Miami. But maybe Marshall has changed, maybe he will prove me wrong. It will be interesting to see who will be throwing to Marshall though.
So, I may have missed a few names. For my "lost" players, I just put players that had signed with other teams. Teams lost more players, but those players have yet to sign anywhere yet.
Feel free to discuss below.
Editorial Note- I edited Kevin aka Kdog's introduction to the article for accuracy. JM