This is very unmeaningful football. The Miami Dolphins are out of the playoffs and the Indianapolis Colts need a win to stay in contention in the AFC South. Let's take a look at what happened in today's game against the Colts:
- Dolphins win the toss and defer to the second half. IT'S GAME TIME!
- Reshad Jones almost picks off Matt Hasselbeck on the first play of the game.
- Colts running a lot of slants on their first drive.
- Dolphins penalized for 12 men on the field on Colts first drive. Unacceptable.
- Dolphins stop the Colts near midfield. Colts punt and the ball is downed at the Dolphins 4 yard line.
- Dolphins open with a two TE set. Jamil Doulgas is starting for the injured Mike Pouncey.
- Ryan Tannehill gets sacked in the endzone resulting in a safety on their first drive. T.Y. McGill just ran right past Jason Fox. Tannehill never had a chance. Colts 2 - Dolphins 0
- Can I just say, Jason Fox is terrible.
- Brent Grimes picks off Hasselbeck. However, Grimes is flagged for holding and the play is nullified.
- Colts head sets are not working now. Dolphins must remove their head sets for consideration reasons.
- Jordan Phillips in coverage...why.
- Ndamukong Suh gets a sack!
- 3rd and 11 and Colts convert. Phillip Dorsett was wide open for 22 yard catch and run.
- Frank Gore up the middle for a 37 yard touchdown run. PAT is no good. Colts 8 - Dolphins 0
- Tannehill hits DeVante Parker deep for 49 yards.
- Tannehill gets sacked by Kendall Langford (former Dolphin).
- 3rd and 20, short pass to Lamar Miller way short of first down. However, a facemask penalty extends the Dolphins drive.
- 3rd down completion to Jordan Cameron keeps the drive going. Dolphins at the 3 yard line.
- Vontae Davis picks of Tannehill in the redzone.
- Former Dolphins (Davis and Langford) killed that drive.
- Dolphins force the Colts into a 3 and out after the pick.
- END OF THE 1STQUARTER
- Dolphins can't get the run game going. Only short runs so far.
- Tannehill completes to Landry for 14 yards. Next play is a run by Jay Ajayi.
- False start puts Dolphins at 2nd and 11.
- Tannehill completes to Damian Williams for 23 yards. Then completes to Jordan Cameron for 15 yards.
- Jay Ajayi running angry in the redzone. Breaks a few tackles and almost makes it in for a TD.
- TOUCHDOWN LAMAR MILLER! Miller scores on a 1 yard run. Two point conversion is no good. Colts 8 - Dolphins 6
- Gore with a tough 18 yard run. Gore has not had a 100 yard game this year. Might get his first here.
- Hasselbeck has all the time in the world to throw. Hello!? Pass rush?
- After I typed that last bullet, Jordan Phillips gets a hit on Hasselbeck.
- And Hasselbeck may be shaken up after throwing another incompletion.
- Charlie Whitehurst is in the game now.
- Frank Gore with another TD. Should have started him in fantasy. Gore scores on an 11 yard run. Colts 15 - Dolphins 6
- Hasselbeck being evaluated for a should injury.
- Tannehill sacked after the two minute warning. Fox beat my Robert Mathis...go figure. Fox is terrible.
- Haselbeck ruled out for the game.
- HALFTIME Colts 10 - Dolphins 6
- Dolphins will recieve the second half kick off.
- -1 yard run with Lamar Miller...great way to start the half. Next play is a swing pass to Miller who gets the first down.
- 3rd down and long Tannehill rolls out and ends up injured. He's limping off the field. Another ex Dolphins, Erik Walden, was the one who injured Tannehill.
- Jelani Jenkins reinjured his ankle. Questionable to return.
- Now Jordan Phillips is hurt. Down on the field. Now walking off on his own power.
- Add Brice McCain to the injured list, limps off the field.
- Colts will have to repunt after a holding penalty. Good thing because Jarvis Landry just muffed the punt.
- Tannehill is back in the game. Can't question his toughness.
- Tannehill completes to Parker for 20 yards and a 1st down.
- Running the football helps extends drives folks. Miller getting a lot of work now in the 3rd here.
- Touchdown to Jordan Cameron negated by Jarvis Landy PI.
- After looking at the penalty, it was a total bogus call. If anything the Colts safety should have been flagged. BOGUS
- Andrew Franks adds three points for the Dolphins. Colts 15 - Dolphins 9
- Shamiel Gary in for Michael Thomas. Brice McCain is back in the game.
- Reshad Jones solo tackles Gore behind the line of scrimmage. Jones deserves a Pro Bowl appearance and should be named an All Pro.
- Next play, Jones breaks up a pass to Coby Fleener.
- END OF THE 3RD QUARTER
- 3rd and 15...screen pass...yay
- Olivier Vernon finally shows up with a tackle behind the line of scrimmage.
- Colts convert a 3rd and 13
- Adam Vinatieri FG. Colts 18 - Dolphins 9
- A two score game for a team that struggles to score
- Jarvis Landry is a baller. Makes three guys miss for a first down.
- Landry is now the first Dolphin to have 100 catches in a season.
- Landry with an OBJ catch
- Andrew Franks hits another FG Colts 18 - Dolphins 12
On that drive, #Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry became the first player to record 100 receptions and 1,000 yards in team history.— James Walker (@JamesWalkerNFL) December 27, 2015
- Two offside penalties on the Dolphins defense.
- Whitehurst gifts the Dolphins a timeout. Gets sacked out of bounds by Damontre Moore.
- Dallas Thomas gets absolutely destroyed. Defender runs right over him. Sacked.
- Roughing the passer call on Erik Walden after a Tannehill incompletion.
- TWO MINUTE WARNING
- Tannehill runs for 28 yards. Actually had a ton of time to throw for once.
- Screen pass to Lamar. Runs out of bounds.
- Tannehill completes to Landry. Down at the 16.
- Tannehill goes down for the sack. Credit to Kendall Langford. Tannehill appears to be limping.
- Tannehill completes to Landry, who breaks a tackle, runs out of bounds, and gets the first down on a 19 yard gain.
- Incomplete to Parker in the endzone.
- Another incompletion. 3rd down and goal.
- Incomplete to Landry. 4th down. 27 secs left.
- Timeout Indianapolis.
- Dolphins turn the ball over on downs. Just going to leave this here:
On 4th & goal from the 5, Tannehill gets SACKED. Douglas snapped the ball & none of the other linemen moved. What a way to end the game— Greg Likens (@GregLikens) December 27, 2015
- Game Over.
Colts 18 - Dolphins 12
Just like last week, I was sitting here just waiting for the game to end. It's not exciting when your team isn't in the playoffs and it doesn't even look like they're trying out there. Would I like to see the Dolphins win, yes I would. I always want them to win. Though a loss doesn't hurt they're draft position.