The Dolphins are not a very good football team and that's putting it nicely. The season is over and we are preparing for another coaching change. But enough about that, let's take a look at what happened in today's game against the San Diego Chargers:
- This is the Chargers final home game of the season and possibly their final game in San Diego.
- Reshad Jones was the opening kickoff returner. Interesting.
- On the first drive of the game, Lamar Miller was a huge focal point. Poor blocking ended the drive around midfield.
- Philip Rivers goes over 4000 yards passing for the 7th time in his career.
- Chargers score on their first drive of the game. Rivers completes to Danny Woodhead for a 20 yard touchdown. MIA 0 -SDG 6
- That was the Chargers first touchdown in three games. Chargers miss the extra point though.
- The secondary is like swiss cheese and the linebackers aren't any better. Defense may force offense to throw 50 times this game.
- Dolphins go three-and-out on their second drive.
- Dolphins have given up 29 passing touchdowns this season. The most they have ever given up is 31.
- Derrick Shelby ends the Chargers second drive with a batted pass at the line of scrimmage.
- Jarvis Landry sets the Dolphins franchise record for receptions in a season.
- On the same play, Branden Albert was injured on the field. Albert walks off without assistance but heads to the locker room.
- Ulrick John replaces Albert at left tackle.
- First play after Albert injury, Dolphins are flagged for too many men on the field. 12 men in huddle.
- Albert is questionable to return with a right knee injury.
- Rivers throws a bomb which is picked off by Reshad Jones. Jones then goes onto fumble the ball giving the ball back to the Chargers after Rivers recovers the fumble.
- Dolphins had a chance to stop the Chargers, but Brice McCain is called for pass interference which extends the Chargers drive.
- Melvin Gordon is very involved in the Chargers game plan in the first half.
- McCain redeems himself and ends the Chargers drive in the redzone with a nice pass breakup.
- Josh Lambo gives the Chargers three points with a 28-yd field goal. MIA 0 -SDG 9
- Jones is still in returning kickoffs.
- Dolphins offense is...bad. Running on 3rd and long is not going to win you games.
- Chargers are just picking up chunk yardage against the Dolphins.
- Woodhead scores on a 2-yd run, his second touchdown of the day. Also the Chargers first rushing touchdown since week 1...go figure. MIA 0 - SDG 16
- Defenders are finally getting to Tannehill and are making some hard hits. Tannehill is one tough cookie.
- Melvin Gordon down on the field. Was helped off the field by trainers.
- Olivier Vernon flagged for roughing the passer. Will be hearing from the league this week although it wasn't that bad of a hit.
- Woodhead gets another touchdown, his third of the day. This time on a 9-yd pass. MIA 0 - SDG 23
- Jamil Douglas replaces Dallas Thomas at left guard. Thomas moved to left tackle and gets roasted, gets Tannehill clobbered and a fumble.
- Dolphins have 77 yards of offense.
- HALFTIME MIA 0 - SDG 23
- Chargers receive the second half kickoff.
- Kelvin Sheppard tips a pass at the line of scrimmage. Nice play. Jones almost had a pick there too.
- Ndamukong Suh almost drags Rivers to the ground. However, no sack for Suh but forces the Chargers to punt.
- Chris McCain collides with punter Mike Scifres. Cart coming out for McCain.
- Albert will not return to the game. Gordon is questionable to return.
- First drive of the half ends with a sack...go figure. Another three-and-out. Thomas at left tackle again...ugh.
- Dolphins get a sack! Credit goes to Olivier Vernon who now has 7.5 sacks this season.
- Dallas Thomas gives up another sack.
- Another three-and-out guys!!!
- Rivers attacking rookie Tony Lippett.
- Koa Misi doubtful to return with a back injury.
- Kelvin Sheppard makes a nice open field tackle on Woodhead to end a Chargers drive.
- Josh Lambo misses a 38-yd field goal.
- Tannehill hooks up with rookie DeVante Parker for 35 yards.
- Mike Pouncey injured and down on the field after a nice run by Jay Ajayi.
- Cart is out for Pouncey and heading to locker room.
- Dolphins finally score! Jay Ajayi runs for a tough 12-yd touchdown. That was his first career rushing touchdown. MIA 7 - SDG 23
- Pouncey has a left foot injury and is out. Misi is also out.
- Brent Grimes intercepts a pass intended for Malcolm Floyd. Dolphins will start on the 1 yard line...hopefully no safety.
- Damian Williams getting carries in the 4th.
- 8 punts for Matt Darr. Solid year for the rookie.
- Donald Brown up the middle for 53 yards...almost a touchdown.
- Make that 4 touchdowns for Danny Woodhead. This one was a 9-yd pass from Rivers. MIA 7 - SDG 30
- Dolphins converted on fourth down...baby steps folks.
- Dolphins convert again on fourth down.
- 3/3 on fourth down! Parker with a nice 35-yd catch and run.
- Tannehill fakes the handoff and runs in for a touchdown. It was his first rushing touchdown of the season. MIA 14 - SDG 30
- What happened to Lamar Miller??? Why did he disappear???
- And that's the game.
Dolphins 14 - Chargers 30
This game was painful to watch. If I didn't have to type this up for Kevin, I honestly might have quit watching. Lots of injuries on the offensive line. Just a bad game. Going to be fun after the season with all the coaching rumors. Hopefully we can get it right this time. The Dolphins will return home next week against the Indianapolis Colts.