Word clouds are starting to pop up more and more often lately. They are basically a visual representation of the most commonly used words or terms surrounding a specific topic. Recently, Reddit posted a series of looks at the NFL, building word clouds for each NFL franchise, as well as the league itself, covering the 2013 season. For the Miami Dolphins, the cloud is a perfect summation of the year.
While Reddit's version of the word cloud may be a little different than what we would probably see here on The Phinsider, it's probably about how we all felt during the year. There we the highs of things like the wins over the New England Patriots and the NFL Playoffs being within the team's grasp, as well as the drafting of Dion Jordan and the signing of Mike Wallace, there were also the offensive line on- and off-field messes, the 58 sacks allowed, and Mike Sherman to frustrate all the fans. As you see in the word cloud, there was plenty of cursing about the team, as well as some works like "awesome" making their way into the lexicon about the Dolphins.
You can check out the 200- and 300-word clouds for the Dolphins, and all of the league, at this imgur site, but I thought I would share with you the 100-word cloud.
Some quick thoughts on the cloud:
2. Jeff Ireland appears in the top ten, and when your GM is one of the top ten words used about your team through a season, that cannot be a good thing.
3. Plenty of offensive line talk make the list as well, with Incognito, line, sacks, and Martin all being on the list.
4. Wow, we are a cursing group.
5. The logo change also made it into the top 100, with logo, change, and jersey all in the cloud.
What do you think of the Top 100 list? What about the 200 and 300 options? Let us know in the comments below.
- 2014 NFL Mock Draft: Phinsider Database 1.0
- Richie Incognito default offensive line leader with loss of Jake Long
- Dolphins to meet with Jonathan Martin's agent at Combine
- Wells Report 'Player A' identified as Andrew McDonald, has 'no problem' with Dolphins
- Offseason talk: Roster swaps
- Statement from Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross on the findings of the Wells Report
- Lawyer for Richie Incognito releases statement on Wells report