Welcome to the second installment of The Phinsider's 2014 NFL Mock Draft. If you're reading this, it's likely for one of three reasons:
1) You value my thoughts and projections when it comes to the NFL Draft
2) You're curious to see who I've mocked to your favorite NFL team
3) You hate my analysis, yet you're bored at work and need something to do for the next 10 minutes or so
If you're in either of the first two groups mentioned, hopefully you'll be pleased with NFL Mock Draft 2.0. Personally, I think this is my finest mock to date.
And if you subscribe to group No. 3, welcome aboard!
As always, a couple of things to note before we dive into 2014 NFL Mock Draft part deux:
1) Yes, it's still early for this stuff. However, ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper will issue his debut 2014 NFL Mock Draft on Wednesday. So, in other words, misery loves company. Nevertheless, any complaints about the timeliness of this mock draft will result in Alpha being dispatched to your home.
2) I will answer draft/general Dolphins questions on Twitter beginning at 12:30 p.m. EST. And no, I will not tell you to check my timeline.
All right, let's get to it. Happy reading!
Baltimore and Dallas will have their order finalized with a coin toss at the Super Bowl.
|Mike Evans||WR||6'4"||220||Texas A&M|
|Evans' size gets him typecast as a pure red zone threat, but don't be fooled--he's dangerous in the vertical game, and can do plenty of damage after the catch. If Evans slides this far in the draft, there's a good chance he'll land in Baltimore. The Ravens just don't have much across from burner Torrey Smith, and Evans' presence would likely take some heat off of tight end Dennis Pitta, as well.|