The Miami Dolphins cut their roster to 53 players yesterday. Today, those 53 players are already beginning to change. Fullback Evan Rodriguez just sent out the following tweet:
Time to find a new home!— Evan E-Rod Rodriguez (@ERod_Inc) September 1, 2013
With the release of Rodriguez, the Dolphins have likely added an additional player via waivers. As of now, know word on who that player is.
The Dolphins are also looking to put together their eight man practice squad today. The team already had one player, defensive tackle AJ Francis, taken from under their noses. The Dolphins release Francis yesterday, and thought they had him on the practice squad, to the point that he was attending team meeting today. However, the New England Patriots put in a waiver claim on Francis, making him a member of their 53-man roster.
Check back often today as we try to make our way through all the news and rumors. You can also subscribe to the Cuts and Practice Squad StoryStream to get notified via Facebook whenever an update is made.
More Dolphins Coverage:
- AJ Francis shows class as he heads to New England
- AJ Francis claimed by Patriots
- Brian Tyms likely headed for Miami practice squad
- Dolphins practice squad will include AJ Francis
- Reaction to the Miami Dolphins 53 man roster
- Dolphins 53-man roster following final cuts
- All 22 players released by Miami to reach 53