The Miami Dolphins will visit the New York Jets in Week 13 and host the Jets in Week 17 of the 2013 season. Here's a brief look at the Jets:
Miami Dolphins at New York Jets
Sunday, December 1 - 1:00pm ET
New York Jets at Miami Dolphins
Sunday, December 29 - 1:00pm ET
SB Nation Blog: Gang Green Nation
- All time record: Jets 49-44-1
- Recent streak: Dolphins 1 Win
- Last Dolphins win in New York: October 28, 2012
- Last Dolphins win in Miami: January 1, 2012
- The Jets are 27-20 when hosting the Dolphins, while Miami holds a 24-22-1 advantage when they are at home. The two teams have only met once in the playoffs, with Miami winning that game in Miami (1982-1983 season).
- Record: 6-10
- Total Offense: 30
- Total Defense: 8
New York Jets key additions:
- Willie Colon, Guard
- Chris Ivory, Running back
- Dawan Landry, Safety
- Kellen Winslow, Tight end
New York Jets key departures:
- Shonn Greene, Running back
- Dustin Keller, Tight end
- LaRon Landry, Safety
- Brandon Moore, Guard
- Darrelle Revis, Cornerback
New York Jets Draft:
|2||39||Geno Smith||QB||West Virginia|
|3||72||Brian Winters||G||Kent State|
|7||215||Tommy Bohanon||FB||Wake Forest|
Tony Sparano was fired after one year as the offensive coordinator after the season. The Jets hired Marty Mornhingweg to replace him. The team also had to replace defensive coordinator Mike Pettine who left the team to take the same position with the Buffalo Bills. Defensive backs coach Deenis Thurman was promoted to replace Pettine.
The Jets also fired general manager Mike Tannenbaum, hiring John Idzik as his replacement.
- Quarterback - Mark Sanchez iss till the team's starter, though Geno Smith will be given an opportunity to replace him. Can Sanchez turnaround his career, or will Smith put the final nail in the coffin around the engineer of the Buttfumble?
- Secondary - Whenever you trade away a player widely considered the best at his position, you are going to have a big question mark over that position. To replace Darrelle Revis, who is now in Tampa Bay (and will face the Jets in Week 1), the team drafted the top corner prospect in the Draft, Dee Milliner. However, that's not the only position where the Jets weakened their secondary. Former Pro Bowl safety Yeremiah Bell, after one season in New York, is now with the Arizona Cardinals. The secondary would be the top question around the Jets if not for the Sanchaz saga.