The Miami Dolphins will host the San Diego Chargers in Week 11 of the 2013 season. Here's a brief look at the Chargers:
San Diego Chargers at Miami Dolphins
Sunday, November 17 - 1:00pm ET
SB Nation Blog: Bolts from the Blue
- All time record: Tie 12-12
- Recent streak: Chargers 2 Wins
- Last Dolphins win in Miami: October 5, 2008
- Miami is 6-3 in the regular season and 2-0 in the postseason when hosting San Diego.
- Record: 7-9
- Total Offense: 2
- Total Defense: 9
San Diego key additions:
- Derek Cox, Cornerback
- Dwight Freeney, Defensive End/Linebacker
- Max Starks, Tackle
- Danny Woodhead, Running back
San Diego key departures:
- Antoine Cason, Cornerback
- Jared Gaither, Tackle
- Quentin Jammer, Cornerback
- Takeo Spikes, Linebacker
San Diego Draft:
|2||38||Manti Te'o||LB||Notre Dame|
|6||179||Tourek Williams||DE||Florida International|
|7||221||Brad Sorensen||QB||Southern Utah|
The Chargers fired head coach Norv Turner immediately following last season. They then hired fomer Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy as their head coach, former Arizona Cardinals head coach Ken Wisenhunt to be the offensive coordinator, and promoted linebackers coach (and brother of Indianapolis Colts head coach Chuck) John Pagano to defensive coordinator.
- Offensive line - The Chargers appear to have taken the dramatic step of actually putting an offensive line on the field this season. Between free agent signings like Max Starks and King Dunlap, as well as drafting D.J. Fluker, San Diego should have a better line this year, which will allow quarterback Philip Rivers to add at least another year onto his lifespan.
- Coaching staff - After years of mediocre coaching, the Chargers finally pulled the plug on the Norv Turner era, handing the keys to the Broncos' offensive coordinator Mike McCoy. Will McCoy be the right guy to turn around the Chargers?