The Miami Dolphins will visit the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Week 10 of the 2013 season. Here's a brief look at the Buccaneers:
Miami Dolphins at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Monday, November 11 - 8:40pm ET
SB Nation Blog: Bucs Nation
- All time record: Miami 5-4
- Recent streak: Dolphins 1 Win
- Last Dolphins win in Tampa: October 30, 1988
- This will be the second meeting on Monday Night Football between the two teams. Tampa Bay won the first game 23-17 in Tampa.
- Record: 7-9
- Total Offense: 9
- Total Defense: 29
Tampa Bay key additions:
- Gabe Carimi, Tackle
- Dashon Goldson, Safety
- Peyton Hillis, Running back
- Darrelle Revis, Cornerback
Tampa Bay key departures:
- Ronde Barber, Safety
- LeGarrette Blount, Running back
- Michael Bennett, Defensive end
- Dallas Clark, Tight end
Tampa Bay Draft:
|2||43||Johnthan Banks||CB||Mississippi State|
|3||73||Mike Glennon||QB||North Carolina State|
|4||126||William Gholston||DE||Michigan State|
- Josh Freeman - Freeman has had a roller coaster of a career already, with 2010 clearly being his best season. While last year was not horrible, it was less than what the Buccaneers would want from their franchise quarterback. The team selected Mike Glennon in the third round, so Freeman has to perform this season, or he could be passed by the North Carolina State QB.
- Secondary - The Buccaneers are the only team to allow more passing yards than the New Orleans Saints last year, with Tampa Bay giving up 4,758 yards through the air. The team addressed the secondary aggressively this offseason, including the trade for Darrelle Revis and picking Johnthan Banks with their first selection of the Draft. Now, they just need the pieces to all work together.
- Pass Rush - If there was a unit that was worse than the Buccaneers' secondary in the NFL last year, it was the Buccaneers' pass rush. They tallied 27 sacks last season, 29th in the league. And, they lost their top pass rusher in free agency when Michael Bennett bolted for the Seattle Seahawks. Generating pressure on opposing quarterbacks will be a question mark all season long.