Over the past few years, the idea of building a map, showing the reach of the Phinsider Community has often come up. With some 11,000 members, the site has members all across the United States, and all over the world. We get visitors from six of the seven continents (we have to crack Antarctica somehow....). But, nothing graphically represents where all our members are.
That is, until today. We've created an interactive fan map using services provided by Google so Phinsider members could place themselves on the map and we could all see where the fans of the only team to have an undefeated season called home.
View The Phinsider Community Map in a larger map
You can get to the map by clicking here. The instructions are below on how to place yourself on the map:
In case you're wondering how to do this, it's really simple (you have to be logged in to a Google account):
1. Click the link above to access the map.
2. Click the red "edit" button.
3. Click the blue placemark at the top of the map.
4. Mouse over to your location, and click the map.
5. Add your username as the title, and if you wish, a brief description or message.
6. Click OK.
7. Over where the edit button was, click "Save", then click "Done".
That's it - you're now on the map!
Before you head over to add yourself to the map, there are three rules:
1. Do not post any inappropriate images or use any inappropriate words on your placemark. Please stick to using the blue placemark icons provided by Google to mark your spot on the map.
2. Do not add bogus placemarks. We don't need to know where the Loch Ness Monster or Bigfoot are.
3. Do not change anything else on the map.
Failure to follow the first two rules will result in having your placemark deleted, and if deemed necessary you can/will be banned for breaking rule #3.
We want to be able to include this map in future posts, and have it be a continuously updated graphical representation of our fan base. Please don't ruin the fun for everyone.
And, while you're at it, do you follow us on Facebook? Why not?