The NFL Draft enters day two at 6:30pm ET tonight. The second and third round of picks will be completed by the end of the night, and, if yesterday is any indication, it's going to be a crazy night for NFL fans, and probably for Miami Dolphins fans.
Currently, the Dolphins hold the 54th pick, a second rounder, along with the 77th and 82nd picks, both in the third round. The team originally held the 42nd pick as well, but traded it to the Oakland Raiders last night in their move up nine spots to claim Oregon defensive end Dion Jordan.
Miami still has one gaping hole, at offensive tackle, and several fringe needs, including cornerback, wide receiver, and tight end. Throughout the last few days, the trade talk with the Kansas City Chiefs that would send left tackle Branden Albert to Miami for pick 54 has been hit-or-miss. The two sides were said to be talking today, but no news had broken as of yet.
Currently, the Dolphins' specific big board, according to Keith Beebe is:
- Menelik Watson, OT, FSU
- Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas Pine-Bluff
- Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State
- Jonathan Cyrprien, S, Florida International
- Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State
- Robert Alford, CB, Southeastern Louisiana
- Brennan Williams, OT, North Carolina
- Check out Keith's full explanations here.