After the Miami Dolphins' 27-17 loss to the New England Patriots in October, center Mike Pouncey was served with a subpoena to appear before the grand jury considering the murder case against former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez. Yesterday, Pouncey missed the Dolphins' practice to travel back to Massachusetts in order to testify.
Pouncey and Hernandez were teammates, and at times roommates, during their college time at the University of Florida. Reports have indicated that the Massachusetts State Police are currently investigating possible gun trafficking charges on Hernandez, who has been charged for the murder of Odin Lloyd and is currently being held without bail. It's believed that the subpoena on Pouncey is to compel him to testify in relation to the possible additional charges.
The Massachusetts State Police served Pouncey in the hallway outside the visitors locker room in Gillette Stadium October 27.
The Dolphins face the Patriots in Miami this Sunday. Pouncey is expected to be back with the team in time for the game.
- Dolphins vs Steelers recap: Miami defensive snap counts
- Dolphins vs Steelers recap: Miami offensive snap counts
- Miami Dolphins 2014 schedule taking shape
- Randy Starks asked about being violated by Steelers center
- Ted Wells CANCELS Planned Interviews with Dolphins Players, Bully-Gate Report to Be Delayed till 2014