In 2014, the NFL will expand the International Series to three games in London. The scheduled teams had already been announced, with the Oakland Raiders hosting the Miami Dolphins, the Atlanta Falcons hosting the Detroit Lions, and the Jacksonville Jaguars hosting the Dallas Cowboys, during the series. Today, NFL UK released the dates of the games.
The Dolphins and Raiders will be the first of the three games, taking place on September 28, Week 4 of the 2014 season. The Lions and Falcons game will be on October 26, Week 8, and the Cowboys and Jaguars contest will take place on November 9, Week 10.
Each team will likely have their bye during the week following the game, meaning Miami will not play during Week 5 next year. Since 2000, a Week 5 bye week would be the eleventh time the Dolphins have had their bye week in Week 7 or earlier, including every year since 2008.
Along with the Raiders, the Miami 2014 schedule will include their home-and-home series for the AFC East (New York Jets, New England Patriots, and Buffalo Bills), one game against each team from the AFC West (Kansas City Chiefs, Denver Broncos, San Diego Chargers, plus the Raiders), and one game against each team from the NFC North (Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Chicago Bears, and Detroit Lions). The final two games on the schedule will be against the AFC North and AFC South teams that finish in the same position as the Dolphins in each of their respective divisions.
- Dolphins promote Jordan Kovacs to 53-man roster, sign Campbell and Aaitui to practice squad
- Thanksgiving Football Thursday Week 13: Game time, TV schedule, online streaming, odds and more
- Dolphins master chef Joe Philbin is hit-or-miss this year
- Why Can't Wallace and Tannehill Connect Deep? An In-Depth Analysis
- Fan Guide to non-Miami Dolphins Teams to Root for (Week 13)