Earlier today, we took a look at the Mocking the Draft big board of the best available player heading into the 2012 NFL Draft Round 2. Well, the guys over at Mocking the Draft have given us another look at the top prospects heading into tonight's resumption of the draft. Here is a look at the top 15 players that should be selected early on tonight:
1. Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB, Alabama - Upshaw was mocked as high as 16 but because he does not have a true position, he fell. I can't see him falling much further tomorrow
2. Cordy Glenn, OG/OT, Georgia - Glenn had been mocked anywhere from 18 to 26 and nobody saw him falling out of the first round. He should be a top 5 pick in the 2nd round.
3. Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech - Hill flew up boards after a great combine but could not crack the first round. I don't see him getting by Baltimore at 35 but he could go at 34 to the Rams as well.
4. Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford - Fleener rose to become the top TE in the draft but could not get into the first round. He should be picked early in round 2.
5. Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford - Martin came into the draft as a top 10 prospect but his flaws were exposed over the process. Whoever gets him in round 2 is getting a steal.
6. Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina - Jeffery has all the physical talent in the world but is inconsistent. I don't see him getting by the Browns, if not earlier.
7. Devon Still, DT, Penn State - Still is a beast that has been under-rated. He should go in the top 15 of the 2nd round.
8. Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State - Worthy can also play DE and has 1st round talent. He should go in the top 15 of the 2nd round as well.
9. Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama - Jenkins might be the most talented CB in this class but has major character concerns. Im not sure where he will go but if he gets his head on straight, he will be a steal.
10. Bobby Wagner, OLB, Utah State - Wagner is a beast with all the tools to be a dominate LB in the NFL. Im not sure where he will land but I don't think he gets by the Chiefs at 11 in the 2nd round.
11. Andre Branch, DE/OLB, Clemson - Branch is a good but not great pass rusher who can also play the run. I see him going early in day 2.
12. Peter Konz, C/OG, Wisconsin - Konz has a ton of talent but he has some injury concerns. He could go in the top 10 of the 2nd round or he could fall to the bottom 1/3 of the 2nd round. Who knows.
13. Vinny Curry, DE/OLB, Marshall - Curry is a great pass rusher but he is not good anywhere else. He should go in the latter 1/3 of the 2nd round but he could be a steal.
14. Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt - Hawyard is a ball-hawk and is a stud. He was rumored to be an option to the Pats if they stayed at 31 but I see him going early on in Day 2.
15. Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers - Sanu can do everything but run deep. He should be a great #2 WR for a team. I could see him going anywhere in round 2, likely in the top 15 picks.