The Miami Dolphins were able to step up and play NFL type football yesterday, scoring on three straight fourth quarter possessions to beat the Seattle Seahawks 24-21. The defense played well all day, rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill stepped up and willed the team to a comeback, and Dan Carpenter found a way to put the ball through the uprights.
Each week, I nominate up to five players for the Dolphins' Game Ball from the last contest, win or loss. After three straight losses, it's nice to have a win for the Game Ball post once again. From my nominations, the Phinsider Community then votes to select one winner.
This week, I'm breaking the rules and making six nominees. They are:
- Ryan Tannehill, Quarterback: 18-for-26, 253 yards, 1 touchdown, 1 interception, 97.1 passer rating, 4 rushes, 33 yards
- Reggie Bush, Running Back: 14 carries, 87 yards, 6.2 yards per carry, 1 touchdown, 1 reception, -5 yards
- Daniel Thomas, Running Back: 9 carries, 60 yards, 6.7 yards per carry, 1 touchdown, 1 reception, 18 yards
- Davone Bess, Wide Receiver: 7 receptions, 129 yards
- Charles Clay, Tight End: 6 receptions, 84 yards, 1 touchdown
- Paul Soliai, Defensive Tackle: 3 tackles, .5 sacks, 1 QB hit
I really want to nominate a couple more players, but don't want to get too crazy with the number of players nominated this week. Instead, I will give out two honorable mentions. The first goes to Jared Odrick, who had 4 tackles, 1 sack, 2 tackles for loss, and 2 QB hits. The second goes to Dan Carpenter, who was 3-for-3 on extra points, and hist the 43 yard game winning field goal as time expired. That was DC$'s first game winning kick since 2010, and it came on his 27th birthday.
Who do you think should win the Game Ball for this week? Vote in the poll below, and feel free to discuss your choice in the comments.