Despite a loss to the Arizona Cardinals this past Sunday, Miami Dolphins rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill had the best game of his short career. Tannehill threw for a franchise rookie record 431 yards in the overtime loss, with one touchdown. The 431 yards was one yard short of Cam Newton's NFL rookie record for yardage in a game. His performance was good enough to earn him his second Pepsi Max NFL Rookie of the Week nomination.
You can help decide the winner of the award by voting at NFL.com/rookies. The polls are open until 3 PM Eastern on Friday.
Along with Tannehill, New England Patriots running back Brandon Bolden, Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict, Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Girffin III, and St. Louis Rams kicker Greg Zuerlein were also nominated.
The NFL released write-ups for the nominees read:
- New England Patriots RB Brandon Bolden rushed for 137 yards and scored one touchdown on 16 carries in the Patriots' defeat of the Buffalo Bills 52-28.
- Cincinnati Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict led the team with eight tackles, two tackles for a loss, one sack, and one pass break up in the Bengals' 27-10 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Washington Redskins QB Robert Griffin III was 26 for 35 throwing for 323 yards as well as gaining 43 yards on the ground and a touchdown. He helped engineer a drive in the final minute to set the Redskins up for the game winning field goal, beating the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 24-22.
- Miami Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill broke the franchise single game passing record for a rookie throwing for 431 yards which also ranked second in NFL history for single game passing yardage by a rookie. He threw one touchdown in the Dolphins' overtime loss to the Arizona Cardinals 24-21.
- St. Louis Rams K Greg Zuerlein was four for four on field goals including a 58-yarder and a franchise long 60-yarder in the Rams' win over the Seattle Seahawks 19-13. He became the first kicker in NFL history to make 60-yard and 50-plus yard field goals in the same game.
Make sure you head over toNFL.com/rookies and vote for Tannehill.