The Miami Dolphins lost to the Arizona Cardinals in overtime on Sunday, but had several amazing individual performances throughout the game. However, three performances stood out well above the rest.
Last week, we did not have a game ball, as we got caught up in the launch of SB Nation United, and somehow, we missed the nomination and the announcement posts. So, I am going to award the game ball from the Week 3 loss to the Jets to Brandon Fields. The Dolphins' punter averaged 58.8 yards per kick. Averaged 58.8 yards. That's amazing. He kicked four punts on the day, with a long of 62 yards. With a performance like that, Fields clearly controlled the field position game for Miami, and really showed why he is a weapon for the Dolphins.
To review our game balls so far for the year:
- Week 1 (at Houston Texans): Marcus Thigpen, Punt Returner
- Week 2 (vs Oakland Raiders): Reggie Bush, Running Back
- Week 3 (vs New York Jets): Brandon Fields, Punter
Which now brings us to this week's nominees. They are:
- Ryan Tannehill, Quarterback: 26-for-41, 431 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, 86.5 passer rating (Rookie single game passing yardage franchise record; Rookie single game completions franchise record)
- Brian Hartline, Wide Receiver: 12 receptions, 253 yards (Single game receiving yards franchise record)
- Cameron Wake, Defensive End: 5 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 5 QB hits (Fourth most sacks in single game in team history; 3 tied with 5)
Now, it's up to you. Vote in the poll below and feel free to discuss in the comments.
(And, I don't know why I say Brian Tannehill. Just pretend I say Hartline.)