Typically this post is one last article designed to prepare us for the imminent Miami Dolphins game. However, this week, we are going to use it to get read for halftime instead. During the intermission, the Dolphins will induct two of their all-time greats, linebacker Zach Thomas and defensive end Jason Taylor, into the Ring of Honor around Sun Life Stadium. The two players shared their top five moments from their Dolphins career with MiamiDolphins.com earlier this week.
Each of them explained the situation, and what made it memorable for them.
- First NFL Game - September 1, 1996 (Dolphins 24, New England Patriots 10)
- Team MVP during his rookie season - 1996
- First Pro Bowl Selection - Following 1999 season
- Thanksgiving in Dallas - Novemeber 27, 2003 (Dolphins 40, Dallas Cowboys 21)
- Retirement Announcement at Dolphins Training Facility - May 10, 2010
And, Taylor's top five memories were:
- NFL Draft - April 19, 1997
- First Pro Bowl Selection - Following 2000 season
- Defensive Player of the Year - January 6, 2007
- NFL Man of the year - February 3, 2008
- Final NFL Game - January 1, 2012 (Dolphins 19, New York Jets 17)
Of course, you can hit the links above to head over the MiamiDolphins.com to see the full explanation for each of those memories. And, hopefully, both of them have to update that list after halftime today.
Congratulations to both players! It's a well deserved honor, and it's only right that they go into the Ring of Honor together.