Not too much happening right now for the Dolphins. While things got crazy yesterday when the Dolphins locked up Gibril Wilson and Yeremiah Bell - creating the NFL's most physical safety tandem - the Fins haven't been as aggressive as many thought. Or if they have, the price tags have been too rich for their blood.
Here's some of the latest:
- The Palm Beach Post is confirming the Herald's report from last night that former Cowboys G/C Joe Berger will be visiting Miami today. The Fins have reportedly backed out of the Jason Brown sweepstakes after learning his asking price and, instead, will likely turn to the draft to find a center.
- The National Football Post reports that the Raiders have shown interest in Jason Brown - to go along with St. Louis' high interest in him.
- One of my personal favorites available, CB Leigh Bodden, will visit New England today. It was reported that the Dolphins at least contacted Bodden's agent last night to touch base with him. And fyi - Bodden has the same agent as Gibril Wilson.
- Though DE Chris Canty remains on the market, the Dolphins are still not expected to make a play for the former Cowboy.
- The Jets are close to signing Bart Scott to a 5 year, $40 million contract.