As we all continue to come out of our turkey-induced haze, here are just a few quick notes of interest:
JAKE LONG EXPECTED TO PLAY
On Thursday, Jake Long returned to practice - in a limited role - with his ankle taped. But Long says he'll be fine for Sunday's game:
"I'm getting better," he said. "I'll be good for Sunday."
Offensive coordinator Dan Henning said on Thursday that Long was prepared to practice fully on both Wednesday and Thursday:
"Tony (Sparano) has mentioned to me, we've got to be careful with that guy," Henning said. "This week, he wanted to practice heavy Wednesday and wanted to practice heavy today. But Tony wouldn't let him. We're pleased he's that type of player, but also run the risk of it going the other way."
Ike Ndukwe has been taking some of Long's snaps at left tackle. But Jake should be ready for Sunday.
Oh - and by the way - this article also says to expect to see Ernest Wilford active on Sunday. Will he finally earn his large paycheck?
PRO BOWL UPDATE
On Wednesday, the NFL released updated fan voting for the Pro Bowl. And there are still some Dolphins very much in the mix:
- Ronnie Brown is the leading vote getter for the AFC at running back - 36,000 votes ahead of 2nd place.
- Jake Long leads the vote at left tackle - 12,00 votes ahead of D'Brickashaw Ferguson.
- Joey Porter leads at outside linebacker - 42,000 votes up on 2nd place.
- Patrick Cobbs is currently in 2nd as a special teamer - trailing Anthony Madison by just 4,000 votes.
- Yeremiah Bell is in 4th place at strong safety, but well behind the leader.
- Dan Carpenter is up to 5th in the AFC at kicker.