That's right. November 19 is The Phinsider's birthday. And today, the site turns 2 years old.
Back on November 19, 2006 - this site's first day - the Dolphins knocked off the Vikings 24-20, which was their 3rd win in a row. They followed that up by knocking off the Lions on Thanksgiving. Ironically, that was this team's last 4 game win streak - prior to their current one.
Some other notes from the last 2 years:
- The Dolphins are 10-23 since the launching of this site
- Ronnie Brown leads the Dolphins with 14 touchdowns since the site launched
- Marty Booker leads the Dolphins with 5 receiving touchdowns since the site launched
- Joey Porter leads the Dolphins in sacks since the site launched, with 19
- Jason Allen leads the team in interceptions since the site launched, with 4
- The Dolphins have had 5 different quarterbacks start a game since the site launched
- In 2 years, this site has just under 2.5 million hits
- There are currently over 800 registered users of this site
- The site's record for hits in a day is 20,558 - set on February 29, 2008
I just want to quickly thank SB Nation for the opportunity - specifically Tyler Blezinski and David Halprin. Those 2 took a chance on me two years ago. I had no blogging experience. I was just a die-hard fan. So I'm grateful for the opportunity they gave me.
I also need to thank all of you out there who make this place as great as it is. It's all about the community here - and there are a number of you who really have made this place what it is today. This site simply wouldn't be as much fun as it is without each of you who are active and participate and who have help sculpt this community.
There are a number of great Dolphin websites out there. And for you guys to choose to spend some time here at this one is greatly appreciated.
So where do we go from here? That's a good question - and one I have no answer to. But as long as the next few years are as fun as the past 2 have been, I'm sure we'll all be happy.
So here's to all of you! Thanks for hanging out here with us! Cheers!
AND GO DOLPHINS!!!