Much to Big Bird's dismay, it is Thanksgiving. And first and foremost, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Be sure to eat, drink, and be merry. Most of all, be safe in all of your traveling as you get to and from your holiday destination.
There is at least one good football game to watch today. The Packers/Lions game actually intrigues me very much. It's an interesting game for both teams' point of views. For the Packers, they are 9-1 and on a roll and will be traveling to Dallas next Thursday night for a battle with the 9-1 Cowboys. Theoretically, Green Bay could lose to Detroit and then travel to Dallas, win the game, and take back the #1 overall seed in the NFC by virtue of the tie-breaker. This makes today's game a classic trap game for Green Bay. Meanwhile, the Lions are coming off a tough loss to the Giants, but still remain 1 game up for the 6th seed in the NFC. However, their schedule gets much tougher from today on. They still got a game in Green Bay, home against Dallas, and in San Diego. So this game today is a HUGE one for the Lions. The stadium will likely be rocking. And I'll say that the Lions may not win, but they play Green Bay tough and make the game worth watching.
The other two games don't really excite me all that much, though I will be hoping for a Jets crushing. Nothing like watching the Jets embarrassed on national television while I stuff my face with Thanksgiving food. That will be enjoyable!
But on this Thanksgiving, despite being 0-10, I wanted to ask all of you what, as Dolphin fans, you are thankful for. Here are some Dolphin-related things I'm thankful for on this holiday:
- for having been able to witness the great careers of Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor week in and week out. Who knows what the future holds for them, but in my eyes, they are both already Canton-bound.
- for Cam Cameron having the sense to start John Beck. In an almost unwatchable season, at least we now have some excitement and a reason to watch the remaining games in 2007.
- for Samson Satele. He's stepped in since day one and has been better than any of us could have hoped. In a Sports Illustrated poll of 278 NFL players, the "center" position was voted the most important in football (other than QB). And guess what? We have a future pro-bowler at that position.
- for Ted Ginn Jr. I was a bit angry at the time he was drafted, but he's made me a believer. He's got the speed and skill to become the first real elite receiver this team has had in a very long time.
- most importantly, for all of you guys and gals who come to this site, read my ramblings, and actively participate with thoughts, opinions, and insights of your own. We don't all agree most of the time, but that's what makes it fun. And without all of you, this season would have been much more intolerable than it's been. A big thanks to everyone who comes here regularly and either reads, comments, or does both!!
Everyone have a great holiday. And if you have the time and feel so inclined, feel free to post below what you, as a Dolphins fan, are thankful for this year...