The Miami Dolphins last night announced their 2014 training camp schedule. The team will hit the field for the first time on July 25th at 8am ET, with workouts running until the August 16th preseason contest against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The team will hold 12 of the 14 public practices at the 8am time slot.
All practices except the August 2nd scrimmage will be held at the team's Doctors Hospital Training Facility in Davie. The scrimmage will take place at Sun Life Stadium.
The July 27th and August 5th practices will be Dolphins season ticket members only events.
Workouts will begin in the team's practice bubble, which will not be open to the public. The team will move to the outside fields approximately 30 minutes after the practice start time.
"We are excited to welcome all of our enthusiastic fans to watch the 2014 Miami Dolphins practice as we get ready for the upcoming season," said Miami Dolphins Head Coach Joe Philbin in the team's release. "The coaches, players, along with the entire organization, are looking forward to the start of training camp and the opportunity to practice in front of our loyal and passionate fans."
The team will abide by the NFL's "All Clear" bag policy at all public practices. The main points of the policy are only bags that fit the following criteria will be allowed into the facility:
- Vendor bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12." The bags may be hand-carried or have a shoulder strap.
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Small clutch bag approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap. This can be carried separately or within a plastic bag. An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection prior to entry.
- Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to, the following: all purses, bags or containers larger than a small clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, computer bags and camera bags.
There are 2,000 seats available in the bleacher area at the training facility. Parking is available at the LRITC garage at the Nova Southeastern University at the intersection of University Drive and SW 30th Street.
Weather and schedule changes can impact the published times. To get the most up-to-date data, you can call the practice hotline at (954) 452-7004 or visit dolphins.com/trainingcamp.
Dolphins 2014 Public Training Camp Schedule
- Friday, July 25 - 8am
- Saturday, July 26 - 8am
- Sunday, July 27 - 8am - Season Ticket Members Only
- Tuesday, July 29 - 8am
- Wednesday, July 30 - 8am
- Friday, August 1 - 8am
- Saturday, August 2 - 9:30am - at Sun Life Stadium
- Monday, August 4 - 8am
Tuesday, August 5 - 8am - Season Ticket Members Only
- Wednesday, August 6 - 8am
- Friday, August 8 - Preseason Week 1 - at Atlanta - 7pm
- Sunday, August 10 - 1pm
Monday, August 11 - 8am
- Tuesday, August 12 - 8am
- Thursday, August 14 - 8am
- Saturday, August 16 - Preseason Week 2 - at Tampa Bay - 7:30pm