Thank you Armon Binns, for you have prevented disaster for the 2014 Miami Dolphins rookie class. Of course, you had to suffer through last year, but your courage to continue to don the villainous number 19 jersey has prevented a rookie from being stuck with the infamous number. So, again, thank you Armon Binns.
The Dolphins announced yesterday the numbers for all eight of the team's draft picks, and, while we will completely ignore the link between the number 19 and the team's first draft position this year, we at least know that none of the rookies will wind up wearing the Ted Ginn/Brandon Marshall/Legedu Naanee/Armon Binns number.
The draft picks will be wearing:
- Ja'Wuan James, offensive tackle - 72 (Last worn by Will Yeatman - 2012-2013)
- Jarvis Landry, wide receiver - 14 (Marlon Moore - 2010-2013)
- Billy Turner, offensive lineman - 77 (Tyson Clabo - 2013)
- Walt Aikens, cornerback - 35 (Tuff Harris - 2007)
- Arthur Lynch, tight end - 88 (Jeron Mastrud - 2010-2012)
- Jordan Tripp, linebacker - 57 (Josh Kaddu - 2012-2013)
- Matt Hazel, wide receiver - 83 (Kevin Curtis - 2010)
- Terrence Fede, defensive end - 78 (Tony McDaniel - 2009-2012)