Hello Phins Fans,
In the yearly full 7 round, tradeable mock draft, MJ_Halevi has been hired as your GM. For the next week I am a Phins fan, and next year I will rejoin to write a thread so we can discuss how our decisions might've helped or hurt the team vs. whatever actually happens.
For this event, I will do what I think is best to make the Phins win like Marino was still throwing and Zach Thomas still manning the middle. I will not be doing what I expect your GM to do, because unfortunately I am not a fan of who you got (no NFL team should have to suffer a crap GM). I do like that the head coach stayed and there will be some scheme consistency.
However, I am not entirely up to speed on the ins and outs of the Phins coaching staff and deeper talent needs. I would appreciate comments on:
--which position coaches are good (e.g. Rams OLine and Dline coach)
--which position coaches suck (e.g. Brian Schottenheimer at anything).
1) What kindof players do best on the Oline (zone vs. man... Maulers vs. Athletes...), the DLine, and the LB corp. Which positions do Phins fans reall really want to upgrade?
2) I am happy in that I think Mr. Tannehill is a franchise caliber QB, and can be built around.
3) I am aware the blocking still needs to be upgrade.
4) What are the biggest Defensive Needs?
5) What are the feelings on the depth of the roster? My knowledge of college players extends into UDFA, and esp for OL, front 7 D, and offensive skill positions, I can get us good talent in the door.
6) Also, after all the scandals, is it correct to assume we have to stick to 'high character' guys?
aka Can Taylor Lewan, Colt Lyerla or Isiah Crowell be in consideration for us in any round?
And I will leave you on a great poll.