Many draft experts are taking Zack Martin OL in the first round of the draft. And for many it seems to be a great pick... and most likely it is, but a Right Guard or Right Tackle for the Frist round with a team with many needs. I think it's a bit too much, especially with the draft having so many talent in that area. So here is my recommendation:
· Round 1:
- Option 1: C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama: This pick is getting to sound more each time because of the bad running defence de team had last year. And it's a good idea to solidify run defence with Mosley. A strong and fast guy that can get the job done.
- Option 2: Trade down:
§ Bengals: Swap picks from 19 to 24. And in Exchange get Gresham. Pair Clay with Gresham and draft C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama/Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State/Dee Ford, DE/OLB, Auburn
§ Eagles: Swap picks from 19 to 22. And trade for Evan Mathis. You now have Albert /Mathis/Pouncey/Smith/RT NEED an draft C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama/Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State/Dee Ford, DE/OLB, Auburn
§ Cleveland Browns: Swap picks from 19 to 26 and in Exchange get 2nd round pick Number 35 and sign Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State/Dee Ford, DE/OLB, Aubur/Louis Nix, NT, Notre Dame.
- Option 3: Trade Out with Indianapolis and in exchange get 2nd round pick Number 59 and 1st round pick 2015.
· Round 2:
- Option 1: Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama. This pick can happen with either all options stated before. Either they pick Mosley, or trade with any other partner or even trade out. In this way the Scenario can beAlbert/Smith/Pouncey/RG NEEDED/Kouandjio OR Albert/Mathis/Pouncey/Smith/Kouandjio. - Other possible Pick here is Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia
- Option 2: (TRADE WITH CLEVELAND 35th pick) Xavier Su'a-Filo, G, UCLA/David Yankey, G/OT, Stanford. With the Option 1 in Round 2. So with this pick the Offensive Line can look Albert/Smith/Pouncey/Su'a-Filo/Kouandjio ORAlbert/Smith/Pouncey/Yankey/Kouandjio
- Option 3: (Trade with Indianapolis 59th pick) Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington. Pair up Clay with Seferian-Jenkins and Tannehill wil be the happiest person in the world. And pick Kouandjio/Moses.
As you can see. The second round of this draft will help de dolphins to get at least 1 OL help. So its really hard not to see why Zack Martin is not the best option for the dolphins at this moment. He can be a Stud player no doubt about him. But a team that needs too many players and has invested a lot of money in talent there are other options aswell.
You can consider signing free agents veterans like: T Bryant McKinnie/ Guard David Diehl/Guard Davin Joseph/ RT Eric Winston. In the transition of the rookies.
· Round 3:
- Option 1: Gabe Jackson, G, Mississippi State. With this pick the OL is finally complete. It will lookAlbert/Smith/Pouncey/Jackson/Kouandjio. Another option here can be Cyril Richardson, G/OT, Baylor,
- Option 2: Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee. This one depends if there is a Guard signed either Round 1 or 2
Again the third round will finally seal the need of the OL. The signing of veterans like T Bryant McKinnie/ Guard David Diehl/Guard Davin Joseph/ RT Eric Winston will help in the transition of the rookies.
· Round 4:
- Option 1: C.J. Fiedeorowicz, TE, Iowa. Pair him up with Charles Clay. One Catching and one blocking will help Miami. Also Fiedeorowicz can catch the ball and will be a solid number 2 TE.
- Option 2: Daniel McCullers, NT, Tennessee. This guy can stop the run. Put him in rotationMitchell/Odrick/Starks/McCullers. Big guys stopping the run and also big guys to block, which means more pressure from Ware/Vernon/Jordan.
· Round 5:
- Option 1: James Hurst, OT, North Carolina. More than 55 Sacks in a season. This means 3.4 sacks to Tannehill per game. Add all the QB hits and pressure. I CAN BET ANYTHING that Tannehill got hit over 25% of the snaps. And still survive.
- Option 2: Michael Sam, DE, Missouri. Again Hits to your QB BAD. HITS TO Tom Brady GOOD. You get the idea. I don't think Sam will be a distraction in the locker room. He can enter as a leader and motivate new leades in a locker that needs so much of a change.
· Round 6:
- Option 1: Charles Leno, OT/G, Boise State. I will not change this year philosophy. Tannehill sacked is bad.
Out of my 13 possible draft options, you can see that 6 are OL. Zack Martin is a good player but I believe that there are many other players in the draft that can help the Dolphins this year. Also to help the rookies get started there are other veteran free agents that can help them to be ready.
Zack Martin Vs C.J. Mosley