The NFL Pro Bowl has a different look this year as the teams are unconferenced, with the players drafted to the two All-Star teams. The team captains were Hall of Famers Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders. The process started with a coin toss, which was won by Rice. He then had a chance to select two active captains from among the four highest vote recipients, taking New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees and St. Louis Rams defensive end Robert Quinn.
Sanders was then joined by the other two active captains, running back Jamaal Charles of the Kansas City Chiefs and defensive end J.J. Watt from the Houston Texans. The two sides then alternated picks, with each team ending the night with 14 total players for Sunday's game.
The Miami Dolphins had two of their four Pro Bowl selections picked on Tuesday: center Mike Pouncey and punter Brandon Fields. Defensive end Cameron Wake and cornerback Brent Grimes are still waiting to be called.
The remaining 60 players will be divided between the two teams tonight, with coverage starting at 8pm ET on NFL Network. The game will be played on Sunday, January 26, at 7pm ET on NBC.
The players already selected were:
- Drew Brees, quarterback, New Orleans Saints
- Robert Quinn, defensive end, St. Louis Rams
- Jahri Evans, guard, New Orleans Saints
- Ben Grubbs, guard, New Orleans Saints
- Evan Mathis, guard, Philadelphia Eagles
- Ryan Kalil, center, Carolina Panthers
- Nick Mangold, center, New York Jets
- Mike Tolbert, fullback, Carolina Panthers
- Marcell Dareus, defensive tackle, Buffalo Bills
- Jason Hatcher, defensive tackle, Dallas Cowboys
- Kyle Williams, defensive tackle, Buffalo Bills
- Justin Bethel, special teams, Arizona Cardinals
- Johnny Hekker, punter, St. Louis Rams
- Matt Overton, long snapper, Indianapolis Colts
- Jamaal Charles, running back, Kansas City Chiefs
- Kyle Long, guard, Chicago Bears
- Lonan Mankins, guard, New England Patriots
- Marshal Yanda, guard, Baltimore Ravens
- Alex Mack, center, Cleveland Browns
- Mike Pouncey, center, Miami Dolphins
- Marcel Reece, fullback, Oakland Raiders
- Gerald McCoy, defensive tackle, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Dontari Poe, defensive tackle, Kansas City Chiefs
- Ndamukong Suh, defensive tackle, Detroit Lions
- Brandon Fields, punter, Miami Dolphins
- Matthew Slater, special teams, New England Patriots
- J.J. Jansen, long snapper, Carolina Panthers