I did a post over the summer ranking the QB's in the AFC and would like to revisit what people think now of the QB situation in the AFC (which seems to be ahead of the NFC in my opinion). Here is how I'd rank them:
1) Peyton Manning: Really a toss up with him and Brady. He gets nod mainly because of how well he has started and supporting cast.
2) Tom Brady: I know it has been ugly, but he is 3-0 and is still one of the elite QB's. When he gets Gronk back I think we see an improvement. Let us all take a moment to thank the Pats for trading Welker...
3) Joe Flacco: Still the superbowl QB from last season. Think he will prove he is among best if he can keep team in playoff hunt.
4) Andrew Luck: Think he is best of very close an fluctuating 4-8 group of guys. He seems to be very clutch (glad he wasn't against us this season). Is asked to do much more in carrying offense than other guys is why I have him up here.
5) Ryan Tannehill: Probably a little high for him, but he is playing at an elite level as of week 3. Needs to improve on not taking sacks.
6) Big Ben: Seems to have taken a lot of hits in past and it is showing. He can still lead a game winning drive if given a chance, but he needs team to help him more than he usually did.
7) Matt Schaub: A bit of a game manager. Not too high or low.
8) Alex Smith: Playing well and watching SF struggle you have to wonder if 49ers don't regret just a little letting a guy with a 3-1 win record go.
9) Andy Dalton: Like him, but seems more of a game manager with great weapons around him.
10-16: Not much difference in group at the bottom: Geno Smith, Manuel and Locker all have potential. Rest are just warming the seat till 2014 draft day.