Hello all, decided to do another "Attack Plan" post, this time about the, frankly, quite scary, Atlanta Falcons. Here we go:
- Its all about them receivers: The Falcons have an intimidating receiving core, led by a hobbling Roddy White, the explosive Julio Jones, and the future hall of famer Tony Gonzalez. I'm praying that Dimitri Patterson comes back healthy, because the thought of Nolan Carroll covering Roddy White makes my head hurt. Tight ends are our kryptonite in the pass defense, so expect the Falcons to expose that. The defense will give up oodles of yards this game, but the red zone defense will prevail.
- Get to Matty Ice: Matt Ryan is going to have nightmares this week after the hurt that the Rams put on him. Kevin Coyle needs to look at that film and reproduce the results with our impressive pass rush. Although the stat line didn't make it seem like we got to Luck, you could notice that as the game went on the offensive lines protection slowly deteriorated, which resulted in Luck getting some unwanted pressure late. The pass rush needs to prevail this game, especially in the fourth quarter.
- Fourth Quarter Heroics: Last week, the defense locked up and stopped the comeback kid. This week, the defense needs to lock up and stop Matty Ice. This game is going to come down to the two minute warning, and this defensive unit will make some noise around the league if it comes in clutch once again.
- Bold Prediction of the Week: Our defense ends up with 5 total sacks, 3 of which coming from none other then Cam Wake
- It's Miller Time: Lamar Miller rebounded with 69 yards on 14 carries, with a touchdown as well. Lamar MIller needs to reproduce and excel, because the Fins need to keep the ball away from the Falcons offense. Miller needs to show some of the burst he showed on a run in the 3rd quarter of the Colts game, where he simply sprinted through the hole, only to have a long touchdown saved by Laron Landry. Expect lots of Miller, about 20 carries worth.
- Keep Feeding Wallace: Sherm responded to Wallace's discontent, finding creative was to feed him the ball, making him a force in the game last week. Expect the Falcons to put a corner on him as well as William Moore shadowing him. I want to see more bunch formations so that Wallace can get separation on those 10 yard routes, as well as more screens so he can showcase his speed.
- Don't Let the Hype Get to You: The Fins are going to attract lots of attention this week following last weeks win, and Tannehill needs to ignore said attention and do his thing. Hopefully our young quarterback will not let the hype get to his head and continue succeeding, pushing the hype out of the way and focusing on one game at a time.
- Bold Prediction of the Week: Lamar Miller rushes for more than 100 yards and gets in the endzone twice.
Game Prediction: Fins pull out the upset, 31-28.
What are your bold predictions? Who do you think will win this matchup? Who do you want to step up?