Hello all, haven't posted in a while. I have decided to analyze the Colts and produce what i would use to attack them. With that, I present my attack plan for the Colts:
- Unleash the pass rush: This Colts o-line is unimpressive, so that should be taken advantage of.
- Stop the run: This Colts run game struggled against the Oakland Raiders. Let that sink in. Our defense should be nothing but dominant against the run this week.
- The Luck Factor: Andrew Luck set records against our beloved Phins last year, using his rifle of an arm to torch our pass defense. With an improved secondary, Luck should not be as dominant, but being this team's shining star he will have his share of good throws. His arsenal of Reggie Wayne, TY, and his tight end duo should be taken seriously. However, the true problem with Luck is the last 2 minutes of the game, because, like it or not, he will stop at nothing to come back if his team is down. The Phins need to close out the game on defense, and not choke,because I expect this matchup to come down to the last seconds.
- Repeat performance from secondary: When was the last time the Phins had 3 interceptions in one half? that was an awesome sight for me, as I have been a Phins fan through the dark ages, where Sean Smith interception drops haunt my dreams. This playmaking secondary needs to strike again, because if Andrew Luck has one flaw, its interceptions.
Bold Defensive Prediction of the Week: Dion Jordan ends the game with two sacks and a forced fumble.
- Run Tanne Run: Our QB has legs, as depicted in many games last year, the 2nd Bills game comes to mind. Against this defense the read option can open lanes for both Miller and Tannehill.
- Get the run game going: The run game must show up after a terrible showing against Cleveland, but should rebound nicely against a softer Colts front 7.
- Get Wallace involved: Although Wallace did a spectacular job of requiring Joe Haden to cover him at all times, we didn't pay someone sixty million to not give him more looks. Wallace should get involved more heavily against the Colts. Sherman could give him a confidence boost this game, as he was quite upset after game 1, even though he opened up the defense for White Dynamite and B-Gibs to shred. Expect more quick slants, and an end-around or two to actively involve our #1 receiver.
Bold Offensive Prediction of the Week: Lamar Miller tops the 100 yard mark rushing with another 50 yards receiving, scores 2 TDS
Game Prediction: Phins win it in a shootout 31-24, shut down Luck in the last two minutes.
What do you think we should do to stop the Colts? What are your bold predictions? What do you think the outcome of this game will be?