The Miami Dolphins have updated their preseason depth chart ahead of this Friday's contest against the Jacksonville Jaguars. While the depth chart is still highly fluid, with changes coming all the time, each snapshot gives us an idea of what the coaching staff is thinking for each player and position group.
Not surprisingly, the Dolphins made only one minor adjustment to the depth chart between the game two night ago, and the one coming up in three days. Rater than listing Brian Thomas, who was the third left guard heading into the Hall of Fame Game but was waived/injured the day before the contest, they now have the newly signed Jeff Braun in that same slot.
There are still a couple of things I find a little strange about the depth chart as the team has it listed. The first is DeAndre Presley, who is the second string returner for both punts and kicks, but is the last cornerback on the chart.
It's also odd that Cameron Wake is listed as the right defensive end. It's almost like the defensive line is backwards from the way they normally line up.
Again, this is just a very tentative depth chart. It will change a lot between now and Week 1.
More Dolphins Coverage:
- Dolphins sign Reshad Jones to 4-year extension
- Post Hall of Fame Game injury report for Miami
- Hall of Fame Game: Dolphins Stock Up, Stock Down
- NFL.com: Tannehill top player 'Making the Leap'
- NFL Hall of Fame Game Positives, Negatives
- Phinsider 2013 Miami Dolphins Preview Magazine
- Hall of Fame Class 2014: Zach Thomas debate begins