Carolina Panthers at Miami Dolphins
Sunday, November 24 - 1:00pm ET
SB Nation Blog: Cat Scratch Reader
- All time record: Jets 49-44-1
- Recent streak: Dolphins 1 Win
- Last Dolphins win in New York: October 28, 2012
- Last Dolphins win in Miami: January 1, 2012
- The Jets are 27-20 when hosting the Dolphins, while Miami holds a 24-22-1 advantage when they are at home. The two teams have only met once in the playoffs, with Miami winning that game in Miami (1982-1983 season).
- Record: 7-9
- Total Offense: 12
- Total Defense: 10
Carolina key additions:
Carolina key departures:
|4||108||Edmund Kugbila||G||Valdosta State|
|5||148||A.J. Klein||LB||Iowa State|
The Panthers had to replace offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski this season, after he left to take the Cleveland Browns head coach position. The team promoted from within, making quarterbacks coach Mike Shula the new offensive coordinator.
- Defensive line - Clearly the Panthers had a plan to upgrade their defensive line, starting on the interior. Using their first two picks on defensive tackle, the Panthers should be better, with Dwan Edwards serving as the veteran. Will both Star Lotulelei and Kawann Short play to their drat potential?
- Secondary - While the line is getting better, the back end of the defense may be getting worse. The team is going to rely on Drayton Florence, D.J. Moore, and Josh Norman to man the top three spots, and it may come down to how well Norman can play after being benched last year. This could become ugly for the Panthers, or it could all come together and they surprise people.