Before you crack my skull consider this:
- Odrick is probably as good as Starks inside
- Odrick is more versatile than Starks along the whole line
- Odrick is younger and has 2 years left on his rookie deal
- Odrick is clearly getting reps with the 1's ≥ than Starks so far.
- Kheeston Randle, Vaughn Martin, Derrick Shelby can all play inside at a respectable level to spell Odrick/Soliai
What level of compensation would you be comfortable receiving for a proven Pro Bowl DT that can stuff and rush?
I think if we get offered a 2nd or a 3rd before week 1 we should take it, because there's no way Ireland will resign Starks to a big deal after this year with Odrick still on the roster. I'm discounting Soliai in this argument because he is a different type of player (2 gap brick wall) and I see more value placed on retaining him than I do on retaining Starks whose ability and skills correlate with Odrick's.