Yesterday, the NFL released the official start dates for all 32 NFL teams' training camps. With each team getting back on the field this month, the countdown can officially begin for the return of football.
For the Miami Dolphins, training camp will begin on July 20. The team has not yet released the schedule of public practices.
According to the league, training camp may open no earlier than 22 days prior to the team's first preseason game for rookies. In Miami's case, they will play their first preseason game, the Hall of Fame Game against the Dallas Cowboys, 15 days after camp begins, which is the earliest the team can have veterans report.
The full preseason schedule for the Dolphins is:
- Hall of Fame Game - vs Dallas Cowboys (Toledo, Ohio) - August 4, 8pm ET
- Preseason Week 1 - @ Jacksonville Jaguars - August 9, 7:30pm ET
- Preseason Week 2 - @ Houston Texans - August 17, 8pm ET
- Preseason Week 3 - vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers - August 24, 7:30pm ET
- Preseason Week 4 - vs New Orleans Saints - August 29, 7:30pm ET