Ok, so let's start out with a confession, I don't watch much college football.... So This Mock Draft is based on research from various sports media websites including CBS, NFL.com, and WalterFootball. As I mentioned this is also my first ever mock draft so if you disagree with my picks I am sorry, but I tried my best and appreciate any feedback/comments/etc.
1. Kansas City Chiefs- OT- Luke Joeckel- Texas A&M. This one is projected by most to be Kansas City's pick, plus the Chiefs need a tackle after the departure of Eric Winston and possibility of trading Branden Albert.
3. Oakland Raiders- OT- Eric Fisher- Central Michigan. Now I know most people have the raiders taking Sharif Floyd here because of the loss of veteran D lineman this offseason, but that was one of their strengths last season and they already plugged some players in there. I think the raiders will try something different and draft a lineman, so they pick up the second best lineman in Eric Fisher to help protect their young QB whoever it may be, and help open some holes for Darren Mcfadden considering they were ranked 28th in rushing.
4. Philadelphia Eagles-DT- Sharif Floyd-Florida. With a ton of talent on offense and the complete overhaul of the defense underway, the Eagles need someone to help contain the run/ pressure the QB so they do that with this pick.
5. Detroit Lions- CB- Dee Milliner- Alabama. The Lions secondary is probably the weakest spot on their defense with Chris Houston as the lone light in the poorus secondary. The lions uprade their secondary by picking up Millner.
6. Cleveland Browns- DE- Ziggy Ansah- BYU. The Browns have been upgrading their defensive line this year and since Millner was taken by the Lions they continue to build a beast D line by the selection of Ansah, giving them the most improved Defensive Line this year.
8. Buffalo Bills-QB- Geno Smith- West Virginia. Though they could use some help at receiver they first need someone to throw to them,so they address that by selecting Geno Smith.
9. New York Jets- DT- Star Lotulelei- Utah. The Jets need help at every position, but since they can only address one and star managed to fall this far they have no choice but to take him.
10. Tennessee Titans- OG- Chance Warmack- Alabama. The Titans already added Andy Levitre but still would like to address their O line woes to open holes for Chris Johnson to once again become elite, and do that by selecting Warmack.
11. San Diego Chargers- OG- Jonathon Cooper- UNC. The Chargers also wanna address their O line, seeing as Philip Rivers needs time to throw and Ryan Matthews needs to try and stay healthy and adding Cooper might just do that.
12. Miami Dolphins- TE- Tyler Eifert- Notre Dame. The Dolphins have a few holes to fix, OT, CB and TE being the most major. The Dolphins are most likely to add a CB but I went with a TE because he can block, and can catch like a Wide Receiver, and because Mike Sherman loves 2 TE formations, but since he is an elite TE they draft him early.
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers-WR- Tavon Austin- West Virginia. The Bucs have alot of defensive issues but they choose to address that later and pick up the explosive and dangerous slot receiver in Tavon Austin.
14. Carolina Panthers- DT- Sheldon Richardson- Missouri. The Panthers have alot of holes to fill but their defense is their weakest point, so I have them picking Richardson here.
15. New Orleans- CB- Xavier Rhodes- Florida St. The Saints are lucky enough to have Rhodes fall to them, and they don't hesitate picking him up to help build this new defense under new Defensive Coordinator Rob Ryan.
17. Pittsburgh Steelers- OLB- Jarvis Jones- Georgia. The Steelers defense is getting old and need some new young talented defenders, so they select Jarvis Jones here.
18. Dallas Cowboys- OT- DJ Fluker- Alabama. Demarco Murray has been injured in two straight seasons, and Tony Romo is having no time to throw. So the cowboys upgrade their Offensive line with the selection of DJ Fluker.
19. New York Giants- FS- Matt Elam- Florida. The Giants are constantly getting beat in the secondary so they address that here and add a talented Free Safety
20. Chicago Bears-ILB- Alec Ogletree- Georgia. The Bears were hoping Warmack or Cooper fell to them, but since that didn't happen they select Ogletree to vamp up their defense.
21. Cincinnati Bengals- WR- Keenan Allen- California. The Bengals need a number two receiver opposite of A J Green and hope that Allen can be just that.
22. St Louis Rams- SS-Kenny Vacarro- Texas. A tough, Solid tackling defender that fits Jeff Fishers idea for a defender.
23. Minnesota Vikings- DE- Bjoren Werner- Florida St. The Vikings pick up Werner to eventually be Jared Allen's succesor, but for now will add pressure opposite Allen as well as depth at the D line.
24. Indianapolis Colts- DE- Barkerous Mingo- LSU. The Colts need someone to replace Dwight Freeny and select Mingo hoping he could be that
25. Minnesota Vikings- WR- DeAndre Hopkins- Clemson. The Vikings have virtually no receivers outside of Greg Jennings, so they could add a valuable and talented receiver opposite of Jennings or as a safety net uncase Jennings injury issues continue.
26. Green Bay Packers- RB- Eddie Lacy- Alabama. The Packers have a very talented offense except in their running game. So they decide to change that with the picking of Lacy
27. Houston Texans- WR- Robert Woods- USC. The Texans have a one man passing attack at the receiver core. So they take Robert Woods to address that need.
28. Denver Broncos- CB- Desmond Trufant- Washington. The Broncos major weakness is their secondary so adding Trufant will help heal that wound.
29. New England Patriots- DE- Margus Hunt-SMU. The Patriots hope to add some pass rush to their D line so they pickup Hunt.
30. Atlanta Falcons- TE- Zach Ertz-Stanford. The Falcons need to find a replacement for Tony Gonzalez and decide to do that while their is still a talented tight end left.
31. San Francisco 49ers- DT- Jesse Williams- Alabama. The 49ers want to add depth and more strength to their D line uncase of injuries like last year
32. Baltimore Ravens- ILB- Manti Teo- Notre Dame. The Ravens needed to revamp their defense and start by adding Manti Teo.