Unless you've lived underneath a rock for the past few months, you know that our beloved team have been planning uniform changes.
And we have all seen the following images floating around:
First, the "prototype logo" That Dolfans NYC apparently got a a hold of
Almost everyone hated this, several people refused to believe this was the logo. The Dolphins denied it was the logo. Fans
rioted, people were killed etc. loudly complained on message boards and various fan sites. Some people speculated that this leak was intentional to gauge fan reaction. Given what we saw today that may be the case, but I'll get to the "revised" logo in a sec.
What I hate about this logo is that there are no details, the navy blue is used wrong, it is too prominent and placed in all the wrong places(the ventral and dorsal fins).
And the tail, oh, God the tail. People think to seem that the tail positioning seems "gay" or effeminate .
First of all:If a tail on a drawing of a Dolphin makes you that insecure about your own manliness then you have several issues that need to be worked out.
Secondly: A Dolphin is not a manly animal, just like a Buffalo is not an intelligent animal. Nor is a Cardinal an intimidating bird. No tribal armband tattoos or machine guns or, bulging muscles will change that. It would make the logo look too "cartoony", as it kind of does now.
As for me: I just think there is too much emphasis on the tail, it looks too long.
But it may look fine on a helmet, that remains to be seen.
Anyway, on to the "revised" logo and why I think it looks much better.
(apparently this guy leaked the jags logo too, so I am going to assume this is legit, in spite of denials from the team.)
1) The Navy is no longer overused. That color is used as a shadow to frame the details of the Dolphin, and make it look more streamlined
2) The Eye makes the whole logo look better, you can tell the Dolphin has a face, For you traditionalists, has a similar shape to the current logo's eye, to make it seem like the dolphin is aggressive.
Hell for the sake of comparison here is the current logo
See what I mean about using Navy the right way?
3) The Sun: the "rays of the sun are simply longer and the sun itself is larger, which makes sense because the Sun should be bigger than a Dolphin.
4) The Aqua appears to be the old school shade of Aqua.
And thats awesome. I can only hope we get rid of the stupid drop shadows.
5) The Orange Nike Swish: Like I said in Kevin's post, I don't like it. White looks better on aqua.
6) The Tail isn't shown but it will probably be the same as the prototype.
So that's all, feel free to make your own observations and comments.